Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Fulham learn from Brighton?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://cottagersconfidential.sbnati...866/cottage-talk-the-raphael-gellar-interview
An article about how Fulham can learn from Brighton.
Have a listen to the interview with Raphael Gellar, the BBC football correspondent in Israel.
It's worth waiting to listen to on his comments on Brighton, especially with the Israeli connection.
Once you get past the Stephen Hawkins impersonator, and the adverts, just bare with it. :)

It's about 8 min 30 secs in :)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
http://cottagersconfidential.sbnati...866/cottage-talk-the-raphael-gellar-interview
An article about how Fulham can learn from Brighton.
Have a listen to the interview with Raphael Gellar, the BBC football correspondent in Israel.
It's worth waiting to listen to on his comments on Brighton, especially with the Israeli connection.
Once you get past the Stephen Hawkins impersonator, and the adverts, just bare with it. :)

I think I'll keep my clothes on whilst listening :wink:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
One quote:

'It's sad a lot of the guys are going back to their teams and this Brighton side could go back to being a mid table team ???

around 14:54 in the audio

Strange comment.

Carrying on,

'they went to Middlesbrough needing a win but they lost' ???

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One quote:

'It's sad a lot of the guys are going back to their teams and this Brighton side could go back to being a mid table team ???

around 14:54 in the audio

Strange comment.

Carrying on,

'they went to Middlesbrough needing a win but they lost' ???
Wilson and Sidwell.

Yeah, lots :lolol:

And you never know who'll come back to us in the summer.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Its nice that he likes us, but he hasn't got much of a clue about detail and seems to think that we signed Palace's Joel Ward on a free. As an Israeli football correspondent you would have thought he would have mentioned the importance of Kayal, both in his outstanding season and in him recommending that the club take a look at Hemed. He stresses the importance of loan players when we actually relied far less on the loan market this year than we did when we struggled last year and when emergency loans won't be an option for us or Fulham next year. He seems to think that we have lost all our important players when the spine is, at present, still under contract. I don't think Fulham are going to learn a lot from his comments.

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
Its nice that he likes us, but he hasn't got much of a clue about detail and seems to think that we signed Palace's Joel Ward on a free.

I think he actually said Joe Ward, the Under 21 player we signed in the summer from Chelmsford, presumably mistakenly thinking he was signed for the first team.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think he actually said Joe Ward, the Under 21 player we signed in the summer from Chelmsford, presumably mistakenly thinking he was signed for the first team.

Oh that explains it. I guess he was just reading of a list of signings. I wouldn't complain that people are talking about the success of the club's approach this year, but I would guess that Fulham's staff won't be seeking this bloke's advice.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wilson and Sidwell.

Yeah, lots :lolol:

And you never know who'll come back to us in the summer.

I think the statement that we could go back to being mid table is a valid one and I have a feeling that at the back of their minds that this was because of the 3 clubs dropping down to the Championship; however, that is up to us to extend on the good recruitment of last year and to keep up the excellent team spirit.

I think The Board and the management team all know where the minor failings were last year.

1. Wilson didn't produce what we thought he might have done
2. Zamorra couldn't stay fit long enough
3. We got some bad injuries at key points
4. We were a bit unlucky with the sending offs leading up to the play offs

If we recruit well and avoid injuries and sort out some discipline problems then we won't be mid table. We will be up there again but we have to work at it and keep working at it for 46 gamer or more. So long as we don't take things for granted we will be up there and so long as the Players and Management team give 100% again next season we will be up there again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here