Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gogglebox- channel 4

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Anybody watch this?

Ignored it for years but found some of the characters interesting and now tend not to miss it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why would you want to watch people pretending to act naturally knowing that the more 'outrageous' they act in relation to what they're watching the more chance the footage will appear on TV? Truly the lowest common denominator in terms of shit to watch on TV. TV will eat itself.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Tend to agree with the above but not looking that deeply at a lighthearted form of "entertainment".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Why would you want to watch people pretending to act naturally knowing that the more 'outrageous' they act in relation to what they're watching the more chance the footage will appear on TV? Truly the lowest common denominator in terms of shit to watch on TV. TV will eat itself.

Surely your eyes talking about prime ministers question time? :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely your eyes talking about prime ministers question time? :)

George Osbourne pretending to be deeply engaging with people while making pasties in some northern factory is more convincing acting in front of a camera than the people on Gogglebox who have apparently forgotten that the camera was ever there.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Googlebox is just adorable. There's just some brilliant people on it. I give you June and Leon, the Saddiquis, Scarlett, 'Natty' and 'Natty', etc.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Always think of it as a kind of portrait of Britain in the 2010s - truly a cross-section of society, and all likeable enough, And you gotta love Leon.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gay bloke from Brighton is hilerious!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The gays in Brighton - oh god its Brighton so of course they HAD to be gay. Y-A-W-N. And I'm sorry, but I hate feet. So just the sight of those gays bloody bare feet INCESSANTLY shoved in front of the camera has me turning over immediately.

Its contrived crapola. Nobody on that show can ever know what the frick they are talking about, because they're constantly flapping their gums through the whole thing. If I'm actually going to watch something on TV, then the last thing I want is a shitload of commentary from every other facker in the room offering their 2p's in the £'s worth on every bloody thing. Shut yer yap and BORE OFF.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The gays in Brighton - oh god its Brighton so of course they HAD to be gay. Y-A-W-N. And I'm sorry, but I hate feet. So just the sight of those gays bloody bare feet INCESSANTLY shoved in front of the camera has me turning over immediately.

Its contrived crapola. Nobody on that show can ever know what the frick they are talking about, because they're constantly flapping their gums through the whole thing. If I'm actually going to watch something on TV, then the last thing I want is a shitload of commentary from every other facker in the room offering their 2p's in the £'s worth on every bloody thing. Shut yer yap and BORE OFF.
c645813ec64c931fc4fba107ab985dad.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

To be fair, there is another (non-gay) family from Brighton on there. The thing that annoys me isn't their feet, but the fact they are just so THICK. They are likeable enough fellas and look like they shouldn't be so stupid, but they are. Ignorance annoys me!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been converted and, while it's so obviously scripted - or at best contrived - I actually quite like it.

The trick is to not take it too seriously - they obviously don't 😀

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here