Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muhammad Ali On Life Support

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As per the title, having been hospitalised with what was believed to be a respiratory infection, reports say that 'The Greatest' is now on life support and the end could be near. :down:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A damn shame for such an eloquently spoken man in a sport that produces more muscle than brains.
Always enjoyed his bouts in the ring and out, especially with Parky.
Hope he can recover :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, he's an old(ish) man now, and his punished his body more than most. Hope he gets better, of course, but nothing really surprising about the current state of affairs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the man truly is a legend
said to be the only man who could parachute into any part of the world and would be recognised
"I am the greatest" yes you are and alwys will be

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
said to be the only man who could parachute into any part of the world and would be recognised

I agree, although I wish Henry had won that match.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When it happens the whole sporting world will be in mourning.
One of the all time great sporting achievers.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Absolutely.

To think that at his peak, he was probably at least as well and widely known as any politician or world leader on the planet...incredible and it will be a sad day when all of that talent, charisma, personality and energy is lost once and for all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
070131274.jpg

Is there a better sporting image ever taken than this one ? Takes some beating. Truly iconic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a better sporting documentary

when_we_were_kings.jpg

I don't think most people realise just as much of an outsider Cassius Clay was in his first fight against Sonny Liston. Liston was unbeatable. The man was destroyer. Clay was a jumped-up loud mouth who was obviously going to get his well-deserved come-uppance.

Except he didn't.

Got to be one of the biggest upsets in sport over the years. Maybe not quite as much as Leicester winning the Premier League or even me winning a few quid on the result - which I did, much to the amazement of all my friends - and me!

But nobody saw it coming. God know why I bet on him but I did. I think it was the last bet I won.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In 2009 I got tickets to an advance screening in Scottsdale of the South African Rugby World Cup movie Invictus, starring Morgan Freeman. Shortly before the movie started a frail gentleman was helped into the theater and there was a palpable buzz that went round the packed auditorium as people realised that the great Muhammad Ali was a guest at the event.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'Legend' is bandied about a bit too much in the sporting world, usually undeserved. Not in this case. Hope he's as comfortable as he can be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here