Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Deepcut barracks.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Having never served in any military service whatsoever,therefore no actual idea what the regimes can be like is this all just a coincidence the number of deaths ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Having never served in any military service whatsoever,therefore no actual idea what the regimes can be like is this all just a coincidence the number of deaths ?

Hopefully Deepcut was an exception to normal military service but what happened there is frightening.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Recording for later.
The forces sense of humour is a strange one, can be taken the wrong way if not at all understood.
Sometimes can construed as bullying, but only meant in a light hearted way.
But I personally have never witnessed anything that has been reported at Deepcut.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Recording for later.
The forces sense of humour is a strange one, can be taken the wrong way if not at all understood.
Sometimes can construed as bullying, but only meant in a light hearted way.
But I personally have never witnessed anything that has been reported at Deepcut.

What were you in ?

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
A fine line between banter and bullying in the forces. What was acceptable 20 plus years ago and what is now are totally different. To be fair what happened at deepcut was exceptional in my opinion. But training these days is also far too controlled by the PC brigade. Has to be some tough love and discipline.

wangeye

Dec 1, 2014
I was in Deepcut for about 4 months in 1999 it was horrible.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
forces training barracks arent supposed to be fun its all about discipline and respect. Different culture to the real world.

Amazingly training, learning and building teamwork can be fun. Yes, discipline and respect do come into it, but it can be fun too. Having said that, I didn't come across any bullying in the Navy. I did make a few friends for life, though.

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
I can still remember a lad getting a punch for being 2 minutes late with the tea urn down the zoo during stand easy so bullying was still rife in 97. Also seen a lad beaten because he wouldnt sign the beer bosuns chit for his daily allowance. Im still at sea and the way jrs react now towards srs is despicible and they know they can get away with it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

As [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION] said , a different world , to be fair , apart from the sexual element (I was in an all male unit)what I saw on the to programme about deepcut was pretty mild in my experience , I did basic training in 1982 ar Pirbright when it was still the Guards Depot , and physical violence was rife from instructors , it did overstep the mark sometimes but then again it wasn't the girl guides .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here