Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The JOCKS and Euro2016

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is the general JOCKO feeling, on the forthcoming festival of football?

Are they going to focus their traditional hate on England, or will they transfer it this time round to Ireland, for qualifying at their expense?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
More importantly when is the first chair gonna get LUZZED?

Got my t- shirt at the ready.

image.jpeg

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
What is the general JOCKO feeling, on the forthcoming festival of football?

Are they going to focus their traditional hate on England, or will they transfer it this time round to Ireland, for qualifying at their expense?

Animosity as per usual. I'm going to the England v Wales game with a Scottish acquaintance and apparently he's going to wear a Welsh shirt. I shall retort by continually asking him what he's doing there/isn't there a caber tossing match he'd rather be at

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I live with a WELSH. In fairness, he doesn't generally display too much A.B.E. Syndrome in the football, though that's presumably been because we've never had to take on Bales in a major tournament in living memory. Egg chasing, on the other hand, turns him into a raging nationalist if it's his boyos against England. I usually have to make plans to go out that day. Not sure what my plans are for the football. Perhaps I should come up with something...

These CELTS, eh?

Hutonthebeach

Apr 19, 2016
I remember the ABE attitude really came to the fore in 2002. Real venom displayed towards me in Dundee when the England matches were on.
I personally think it was because that was the first time since 1970 that we had qualified but they hadn't.
74 - Scotland
78 - Scotland
82 - Both
86 - Both
90 - Both
94 - Neither
98 - Both

Since then Scotland have failed to qualify and have had to watch England play, hiding their jealousy by claiming their venom is directed only at the media as a result of continual references to 1966 and an expectation of victory.
Bull shine.
This is the country that had a 'victory parade' before going to Argentina in 78, with the manager promising to win the trophy. And making films featuring Archie Gemmill's consolation goal against Holland.

Incidentally, I can't remember any jealousy in England. As I recall it there was genuine neighbourly support for them, with pubs decked in tartan and Bay City Roller mania.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What I don't understand is why we (England) don't hate them right back. I certainly do, but then I've seen England play at Hampden....

I think that the unrequited hate is more of an insult than us mustering up the energy to hate them like they hate us. It must be what being a Bournemouth or Middlesbrough fan is like.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think that the unrequited hate is more of an insult than us mustering up the energy to hate them like they hate us. It must be what being a Bournemouth or Middlesbrough fan is like.

There is no bigger insult than indifference.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Krankies wind me up something rotten. I'd like to slap that little ginger sweatie giving it the thumbs-up in that Paddy Power advert.

el punal

I live with a WELSH. In fairness, he doesn't generally display too much A.B.E. Syndrome in the football, though that's presumably been because we've never had to take on Bales in a major tournament in living memory. Egg chasing, on the other hand, turns him into a raging nationalist if it's his boyos against England. I usually have to make plans to go out that day. Not sure what my plans are for the football. Perhaps I should come up with something...

These CELTS, eh?

Why don't you put on the T.V. and show the recordings of the last two rugby matches between England and Wales to him indoors. Oh dear, . . . . I do believe the mighty men in white were victorious on both occasions. Such is life. :cheers:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here