Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Kit for Women

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
My daughter (21) has been giving me earache about what she claims is a complete lack of Albion football shirts (as opposed to polos, T-shirts, etc.) designed to be worn by women. She claims to have been unable to find replica shirts other than those designed to fit men or youngsters. I'm sure I remember us selling women's shirts a few years back, so how come we've stopped? Or have we? Our Ladies team must wear kit that fits, so perhaps it's possible to get hold of kit like theirs. Any help (I was going to say "pointers", but given the subject, thought better of it!) will be gratefully accepted. One last thing - the shirt must be the current blue and white stripes. Suggestions about getting hold of the pink and white one from long ago will NOT be classed as helpful! Here's hoping............:ascarf:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I was sure they were around in previous years but since we moved to the stuck on logo shirt I haven't really been paying attention! Maybe the lack of shirts now will be rectified when they launch the new home kit, especially now the women are in the Super League?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Id imagine it's a comsequence of using Nike, but might be worth asking the club if they do women's shirts for the women's team.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
no women's shirts
yearly change on away kit
crap stuck on sponsor
made by 12 year old in sweatshop

so the bonus of a Nike kit is?......the tick

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She could always take a pair of scissors to a man's shirt to make it skimpy and slutty. Has she considered this?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My daughter (21) has been giving me earache about what she claims is a complete lack of Albion football shirts (as opposed to polos, T-shirts, etc.) designed to be worn by women. She claims to have been unable to find replica shirts other than those designed to fit men or youngsters. I'm sure I remember us selling women's shirts a few years back, so how come we've stopped? Or have we? Our Ladies team must wear kit that fits, so perhaps it's possible to get hold of kit like theirs. Any help (I was going to say "pointers", but given the subject, thought better of it!) will be gratefully accepted. One last thing - the shirt must be the current blue and white stripes. Suggestions about getting hold of the pink and white one from long ago will NOT be classed as helpful! Here's hoping............:ascarf:

Pre Nike there were women's fit shirts now we have Nike there aren't #nottogether

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Am I imagining it or was there a section in the club shop last season that had ladies shirts

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am fully aware that women's clothing is sometimes different from men's, for all sorts of reasons. But football shirts? - apart from (possibly) size, why would they be any different?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I am fully aware that women's clothing is sometimes different from men's, for all sorts of reasons. But football shirts? - apart from (possibly) size, why would they be any different?

You've answered it yourself - women's clothing is different from men's. It's not as though any given woman changes her shape to put a football shirt on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You've answered it yourself - women's clothing is different from men's. It's not as though any given woman changes her shape to put a football shirt on.

I haven't answered it - I have asked the question. I suppose if there were buttons they would have to be on the other side ... ... ...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I haven't answered it - I have asked the question. I suppose if there were buttons they would have to be on the other side ... ... ...

You did. You said "I am fully aware that women's clothing is sometimes different from men's, for all sorts of reasons."

So why should women's football shirt's be different from men's? For the reason you've already given - "for all sorts of reasons" i.e. the same reasons as to why they're different for other non-football shirt clothing. Pick one of those reasons - and there's one of your answers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I can think of at least two reasons.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You did. You said "I am fully aware that women's clothing is sometimes different from men's, for all sorts of reasons."

So why should women's football shirt's be different from men's? For the reason you've already given - "for all sorts of reasons" i.e. the same reasons as to why they're different for other non-football shirt clothing. Pick one of those reasons - and there's one of your answers.

Most men's fashion or work shirts these days come fitted to show off the male torso, with a bit of a pinch in the hips in comparison to more room across the chest, back and shoulders, and that includes quite a few brands of T shirts or polo shirts. Football shirts aren't fitted at all; they're shapeless and more or less unisex.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Football shirts aren't fitted at all; they're shapeless and more or less unisex.

TBF players spec shirts (code 7, Formotion, Techfit and others) are fitted, as are women's football shirts by many of the other manufacturers. Nike don't do them for women, and the Albion don't use Code 7 shirts for the players, but it's not quite right to say football shirts are 'not fitted', it's just that ours currently aren't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
TBF players spec shirts (code 7, Formotion, Techfit and others) are fitted, as are women's football shirts by many of the other manufacturers. Nike don't do them for women, and the Albion don't use Code 7 shirts for the players, but it's not quite right to say football shirts are 'not fitted', it's just that ours currently aren't.

Very true. I've got one shirt and it's made up of numerous panels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here