Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer Cliché Thread

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Already seen "with the benefit of a full pre season behind him, he could..." on here at least 4 times in the last fortnight.

I don't think anyone has speculated that we should offer a player one of these mythical "pay as you play only" deals but surely it's only a matter of time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't think anyone has speculated that we should offer a player one of these mythical "pay as you play only" deals but surely it's only a matter of time.

I believe someone suggested that as an option on the Michu thread.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
"The championship is going to be much more difficult this year due to the teams coming down from the prem" - Said loads.

3 teams get relegated from the prem every year.... why would this season be so different. It could be easier this season as two of them have little to no experience of championship football, so could be a bit of a culture shock. Plus I would guess that Burton and Barnsley won't be as strong as Charlton and MK Dons.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Already seen "with the benefit of a full pre season behind him, he could..." on here at least 4 times in the last fortnight.

Good thread.

The line you highlight above always puzzles me a bit too. There's an implicit suggestion that a player who has failed to make a significant breakthrough, and has been playing football and coached for many hours every day for year after year, could be somehow transformed by a few weeks of high intensity fitness training.

I don't get it either.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
"The championship is going to be much more difficult this year due to the teams coming down from the prem" - Said loads.

3 teams get relegated from the prem every year.... why would this season be so different. It could be easier this season as two of them have little to no experience of championship football, so could be a bit of a culture shock. Plus I would guess that Burton and Barnsley won't be as strong as Charlton and MK Dons.
That's a great shout. Every year the division is going to get harder apparently, based on complete speculation and nothing else

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Brilliant! Classic NSC GOONERY. Same every year.

I'm looking forward to the meltdown when the new kit is announced, after a decade of "can we get Nike instead of Errea please"

Will probably be a 60/40 split.

Stripes too thin
Stripes too thick
Advertising logo cr@p
Too much gold on collar/sleeves
Badge too big
Hate the fade
Blue too dark

IT'S A FOOTBALL KIT.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
We just need a 20 goal a season striker. Always makes me laugh, cos like there's hundreds of those and no one else is trying to sign them.

We don't seem to get the demand for " a creative midfielder" like we used to. That always used to come up in transfer window .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"Tony Bloom needs to stick his hand in his pocket". Like he doesn't, ever.
"We have to sign Glenn Murray" or variations thereof.
"We will not compete without a 25 goal a season striker". Er, we just did.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Already a few signs of If we don't do all our business by TODAY, and buy someone, anyone, then we're gifting 6/9/12 points to our opponents and the season will be over. OVER.
although i'm probably on the list with already several examples of my perennial boring of the planet with some frequent taking down of fake/wind up twitter accounts with a weary post saying "Why oh why do we believe these chancers" or somesuch.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Stripes too thin
Stripes too thick
Advertising logo cr@p
Badge too big
Hate the fade
Blue too dark

IT'S A FOOTBALL KIT.

So what?

Designers are paid handsomely to come up with a design that looks good. Classic football kits look good years later, in old film, photos.

What they may be coming up with is just pitiful.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Does it not look like a tougher league next year than last? It does to me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If Andy Naylor even hints or announces a signing then immediately someone will respond by saying "but he said a)CMS wasn't signing" b) Zamora "wasn't signing" and we were definitely signing a) Ward back and b) Clayton and then that club lickspittle [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] will then leap in and do his utmost to suggest that AN didn't actually mean that and you all being very very unfair to the poor bloke.

I give it a week.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Andy Naylor even hints or announces a signing then immediately someone will respond by saying "but he said a)CMS wasn't signing" b) Zamora "wasn't signing" and we were definitely signing a) Ward back and b) Clayton and then that club lickspittle [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] will then leap in and do his utmost to suggest that AN didn't actually mean that and you all being very very unfair to the poor bloke.

I give it a week.
And someone will mention that chaileyjem works for the club / is in fact Paul Barber :lolol:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So what?

Designers are paid handsomely to come up with a design that looks good. Classic football kits look good years later, in old film, photos.

What they may be coming up with is just pitiful.

Nonetheless it remains totally subjective and down to personal taste. There is no right or wrong.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Stripes too thin
Stripes too thick
Advertising logo cr@p
Badge too big
Hate the fade
Blue too dark

IT'S A FOOTBALL KIT.

That would have been a perfect post if your final sentence had been "Get over it!".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle have won the league at a canter, before a ball is kicked seems to be the perceived wisdom on here since they got relegated.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Threads like this:

"Murray Signs"

murray.jpg

Should be an instant ban IMHO.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why has (insert generic player's name here) signed for (insert generic club's name here) instead of us?
We get bigger, better crowds, have better training facilities, better manager etc etc etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here