Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fickle Blackburn Fans

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
The papers are reporting in tomorrow's headlines that Blackburn fans have launched a petition to have Owen Coyle sacked just hours after being appointed manager.

Who were they expecting hiddink, Moyes?!? Need to realise that their not a big club anymore!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Quick gander at one of their forums and it looks like a lot were hoping for Ryan Giggs... tbf there's not many managerial appointments in football where there won't be at least a small percentage of fans grumbling. Was even some here when Hughton was first appointed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The papers are reporting in tomorrow's headlines that Blackburn fans have launched a petition to have Owen Coyle sacked just hours after being appointed manager.

Who were they expecting hiddink, Moyes?!? Need to realise that their not a big club anymore!

I think appointing the ex-manager of Burnley, their biggest rivals, probably has a lot to do with it.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I think appointing the ex-manager of Burnley, their biggest rivals, probably has a lot to do with it.

Yes, I remember the same thing happening when Steve Coppell was appoin... oh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, I remember the same thing happening when Steve Coppell was appoin... oh.

Coppell was widely acknowledged throughout the game as an excellent manager and a safe pair of hands though - and coming after Hinshelwood, frankly I'd have welcomed Les Dennis with open arms. Plus we were in full-on tinpot mode at that point, so were in no position to be picky.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I get the feeling the first two posters didn't realise he managed Burnley for years :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How are they fickle? Had they campaigned for him to be appointed?

I was just going to ask this. Surely the definition of a fickle fan is one who changes their support for their club/player/manager at the drop of a hat, and unless they had previously supported Coyle (they haven't) they haven't changed their support of him.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
From reading their forum it also looks like Coyle is signed up with some agent that the fans think has been advising the owners in their own interests and milking the club of cash.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think they have every right to show their discontent.. its not simply about Owen Coyle, but the latest episode in a horrible 5 year demise that has been overseen by the owners. Appointing a manager who has been struggling (and sacked I think) in the MLS, the fact that he has worked at their bitterest rivals just demonstrates to them that the owners are so far out of touch with the fans and the Club.. the equivalent for us would be to get Dougie Freedman in a few years.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I think they have every right to show their discontent.. its not simply about Owen Coyle, but the latest episode in a horrible 5 year demise that has been overseen by the owners. Appointing a manager who has been struggling (and sacked I think) in the MLS, the fact that he has worked at their bitterest rivals just demonstrates to them that the owners are so far out of touch with the fans and the Club.. the equivalent for us would be to get Dougie Freedman in a few years.

This

Steve Gritt wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms due to the people who appointed him

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

How do you stop being a big club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here