Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There will be two champions league winning managers in the Championship next season...

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
...with Benitez and Di Matteo.

That's the same number as in the Premier League courtesy of Guardiola and Mourinho.

Is it just me or is that a bit mental, or have I got this wrong?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
...with Benitez and Di Matteo.

That's the same number as in the Premier League courtesy of Guardiola and Mourinho.

Is it just me or is that a bit mental, or have I got this wrong?

Very mental, but it will be interesting to see if they can replicate success with a different club set up behind them and to see what Di Matteo is like in the transfer market.

If anything it will only increase the expectation and pressure on their shoulders and any dropped points will be a massive issue.

I'm unsure if it is good news or not for us to have them managing our promotion rivals

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You also have the european champions 25 years in succession Leeds and the only team to have won the world cup 5 times Sheffield Wednesday
giphy.gif

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You also have the european champions 25 years in succession Leeds and the only team to have won the world cup 5 times Sheffield Wednesday

:lolol:

Joking aside, we do now have 2 previous European Champions in the division.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
also I think Newcastle will probably create a record highest average league gate for a 2nd tier club

maybe Man Utd in the early 70's?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
also I think Newcastle will probably create a record highest average league gate for a 2nd tier club

maybe Man Utd in the early 70's?

They averaged 48,389 in 74-75 so it'll be close as you'd expect the Geordies to be close to capacity assuming they'll be challenging. Even if not I'm sure they'll still be around 50k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here