Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the dust has settled on an amazing season

How gutted are you that we didn't get promoted

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How gutted are you that we are not in the Premier League. Of course it's a no brainer for the finances and the sustainability of the club and TB personally but from a football perspective, is it that bad?

I love this division and I particularly like us being good in it, not sure we'd be more than bottom third next season if we'd gone up. I am one of those who remember what an anti climax the First Division was when we went up and started a season of struggle with a 4-0 home thrashing by Arsenal.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Still a little bit pissed off, but overall it has to be a case of "that's done, we didn't get it this time so bring on the next go".

:albion:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm very Meh and over it.

But to be fair, I was before the playoffs.

Just couldn't get excited for them and assumed we were out before a ball was kicked - odd I know but bring on next year

Also - my 6 year old has only just got into football and he loves the atmosphere when we score, pretty sure that if we were struggling in games and not scoring many he would lose interest which would be a shame!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I shall be hacked off if Kayal, Knockaert or Stephens get poached due to our failure to go up, but other than that last season is now ancient history.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not as fussed as I probably should be. The thought of all the armchair fans who will come out of the woodwork and all of the 'Sussex Reds' etc. who would flock to the Amex and take tickets in the home stands isn't a fantastic prospect.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A tad pissed still, but an exciting new season against the likes of Burton Albion and Owen Doyle's managerial circus tour :) :)
On a serious note, new start and a better finish.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was really upset at the time but now part of me thinks, an extra year to build on the squad might not be that bad

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
As long as we keep Knockaert and Kayal, I don't mind.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Still really hacked off about it. I'm okay when I'm contemplating or talking to fellow Brighton fans, its when non-fans start giving me the 'you were unlucky' line, it starts to hack me off. We weren't unlucky we were robbed!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm absolutely fine until I actually think about how close we were, I just feel completely gutted then.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Five good reasons why still being in the championship is great:

1) more games a season = more footie. Hurrah!
2) less likely to have fixture list mucked about with (OK, that didn't really hold true last season)
3) don't have to wrestle with the ethical and moral rights and wrongs with supporting a club slooshing around with obscene amounts of money
4) our players less likely to feel obliged to run off and get themselves ludicrous hairdos and/or crazy tattoos and start behaving like a bunch of overpaid, overindulged, overhyped twats
5) well, it's proper football, isn't it?

.....nope, not convinced....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Needed a category inbetween pissed off and over it.

Still disappointed because it is unlikely we will have such a good season for a while, it will be a long old slog next season and if things don't go well eg missing out on playoffs/midtable the usual back biting and recriminations will begin.

But obviously hoping we will be up there again and we can push on one step further next time. :bhasign:

biddles911

May 12, 2014
How gutted are you that we are not in the Premier League. Of course it's a no brainer for the finances and the sustainability of the club and TB personally but from a football perspective, is it that bad?

I love this division and I particularly like us being good in it, not sure we'd be more than bottom third next season if we'd gone up. I am one of those who remember what an anti climax the First Division was when we went up and started a season of struggle with a 4-0 home thrashing by Arsenal.

I think we deserved to go up and would have been ok-ish in the Premiership so am disappointed for the team but we all know you don't always get what you deserve in life or football.

In the longer term, it might give us a better chance to establish ourselves if and when we do go up though. It's still a pretty new squad all round and there are clearly areas where we need to improve if we're to cut it at a higher level plus a few players who're getting close to their sell by date.

If we can keep our key players i.e. Kayal, Knockaert etc. I think we'll do it next season.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Not as fussed as I probably should be. The thought of all the armchair fans who will come out of the woodwork and all of the 'Sussex Reds' etc. who would flock to the Amex and take tickets in the home stands isn't a fantastic prospect.

Not as many as you would think considering that we've sold around 23,000 season tickets which then leaves 3,000 for away fans (10% of ground capacity) and a balance of 4,000 for individual match tickets, which would then be sold to existing club members or those with purchase history as priority.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Usually I'm quite happy to have a little break from football. Right now I can't wait for the new season to start.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gutted. We really have to get promoted next season as the team that finishes bottom of the Prem next year gets 100m quid. That's about four times our total turnover in prize money (if you can call it that) alone. We don't want to have to compete with teams with that type of financial clout, it'll make the parachute payments look puny. After a few seasons with that type of financial imbalance it'll become a closed shop of mid-ranking clubs shuttling between the top two divisions with the rest of us locked out as surely as if it were a separate league. This year was our big chance and we didn't take it; now we've got to repeat the feat just to be in with another chance.

Someone tell me I'm being too pessemistic ... please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here