Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber - CEO of the Year

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...e-year-award-3133183.aspx#1wFEXi6dwHdpGz18.99 :clap:

Brighton & Hove Albion chief executive Paul Barber has won the Executive of the Year at the prestigious 2016 Stadium Business Awards.

Barber faced competition from West Ham United's Karen Brady and English Rugby CEO Ian Ritchie, and was announced as the winner at a gala ceremony in Madrid last night.

He said, "This is a great honour and one which simply would not be possible without the superb support I've enjoyed from the staff, players, board of directors and fans during my time at the club.

"I'm incredibly proud of the team of staff we have here at the club, and this award underlines their hard work and professionalism across the season.

"I am very proud to be chief executive of Brighton & Hove Albion. It's a huge responsibility, as the club means so much to so many, but massively rewarding to work for such a dedicated owner and on behalf of an amazing fan base."

Chairman Tony Bloom also paid tribute to to Barber, adding, "We, as a club, are very proud of Paul and his work. On behalf of the board he has led our club superbly since his arrival in 2012 and helped us make huge progress on and off the pitch.

"We have one of the very best chief executives in the business and this award, added to his 2013 accolade, reaffirms that. On behalf of the board I congratulate him on this win."

Barber adds the SBA award to the Football Business Awards Championship and Overall Chief Executive of the Year accolades he won in 2013.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CEO of the year, Manager of the year.

And we're still stuck in the 2nd division.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thoroughly deserved too. There is no harder working man in football.

Sometimes have fall outs but what I admire about PB is that he doesn't bear grudges, and is wholly committed to the cause.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I know some people on here have criticised him at times, but IMO we're bloody lucky to have him here.
Just hope no-one comes sniffing around.

Sent from my laptop on the kitchen table.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always loved that Barber chap

I'll have to admit I haven't always. There was a point when it looked like we were recruiting yes men and poor players and I genuinely wondered about the strategy. Have to say I've done a 180 though and am more Barber In than ever. I will always judge a leader by how his team performs and a football club by results on the pitch and how the fans are treated off it. Based on all of those it's a well deserved award.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'll have to admit I haven't always. There was a point when it looked like we were recruiting yes men and poor players and I genuinely wondered about the strategy. Have to say I've done a 180 though and am more Barber In than ever. I will always judge a leader by how his team performs and a football club by results on the pitch and how the fans are treated off it. Based on all of those it's a well deserved award.

Very true, there was just something I liked about him from the start.

Also - I emailed him about getting something in the programme when there was the thread about the Palace fans daughter on here and the man was amazing about it!

He probably also deserves some form of 'fans turnaround of the year'. Many I feel were holding him responsible for last season and as such have turned around a lot this year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This news more than makes up for us not getting promoted.

Yeah, I'm going to go on the Boro site and GLOAT about this.

Oh for the love of Mary.
That's just great.now we'll have The Albion Bore blowing scented smoke up His Ring.
If scrimping and squabbling over an extra fiver a week for a striker that would've seen us over the line gets Him an award we should all be proud.
MY ARSE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Great bloke.

When are the Official Paul Barber Mustard jumpers coming to the club shop?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh for the love of Mary.
That's just great.now we'll have The Albion Bore blowing scented smoke up His Ring.
If scrimping and squabbling over an extra fiver a week for a striker that would've seen us over the line gets Him an award we should all be proud.
MY ARSE!

Says the 'fan' who thinks that Tony Bloom's £250,000,000 investment isn't enough.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Correction - says the troll who thinks Tony Bloom's £250,000,000 isn't enough.

I'm going to try and guess what the response will be (or would be if this is read first and things are changed accordingly); 'We're not promoted yet, so it wasn't enough, he needs to stick his hand in his pocket'.

Sound about right?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion have just won another award tonight.

image.png

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Oh for the love of Mary.
MY ARSE!

Remind me - why are non-Albion fans with an enhanced sense of self-entitlement so concerned about our show?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here