Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Women ARE promoted to the Womens Super League

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just seen that following their win on Sunday, its now been confirmed that all off-field requirements have been met too so Brighton are promoted to Womens Super League 2 - congratulations to the team and all involved!

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-women-promotion-to-wsl-confirmed-3132923.aspx

For those that weren't there and are interested here are a few pictures and a couple of videos I took from the Womens Premier League playoff game on Sunday https://www.flickr.com/photos/zeetha/sets/72157668325106720 - love the celebrations! :D

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Fantastic, very well deserved on the performance I saw on Sunday. Really enjoyed the game, if I get time I will make the effort to go and watch more of their games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do they get to play arsenal/chelsea and Notts county, donny Belles etc?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In with Everton, Aston Villa, Watford and, er, Yeovil Town and Oxford United.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
In with Everton, Aston Villa, Watford and, er, Yeovil Town and Oxford United.

... whom the Albion Women beat 10-0 in the Women's FA Cup this season.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
... whom the Albion Women beat 10-0 in the Women's FA Cup this season.

Went to that game, I understand it was their first game of pre season but Oxford were terrible, looked like 11 individuals who'd never played together.

Will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. They'll have a nice 9 month wait until their first league game..

Shame it is such a long wait to the start of their season.

Really pleased for the team, myself and youngest Potting went to several games at Lancing and, but for the lure of a birthday trip with her BF to Chessington, we would probably have gone to the final. One of the team regularly coaches youngest P's girls team on a Saturday so we can identify with their success.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Some folk will do anything to get out of facing up to a Palace team. In this case the invincible double-winning Palace ladies team, who have been promoted to the league that Brighton Ladies are evacuating.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
At long last a Brighton team that is premier league ready :)

Doc

Aug 15, 2011
do they get to play arsenal/chelsea and Notts county, donny Belles etc?

Only if they do well in the cup competitions, they have to win the preliminary round of the Continental Cup to get a guaranteed home leg against a WSL 1 side (current format) or win at least two games in the FA Cup to get to the 5th round where the WSL 1 teams enter.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
At long last a Brighton team that is premier league ready :)

Some Palace fans are welcomed on here, as they actually add and contribute to the board. I'm yet to find anything to suggest that you aren't anything more than a perpetual disappointment to society. Now kindly sod off until you're able to come back with a coherent thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here