Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Streaming TV, Is this too good to be true??

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I stream kodi via my laptop to my TV and it costs nothing. I mainly use it for movies and football but you can literally watch anything you want on it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I can see an opportunity here. Buy loads of Fire sticks and pre-programme them with Kodi. Then put them inside another box with an HDMI cable and resell them for £99
Any one want to invest or even buy one from me?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
you wont regret it

I'm looking forward to it, I've had a few kodi bits running through the laptop and an app on the iPad.
I think that one box connected to the tv permanently will be a much more accessible way of doing it.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
£150!!! :eek:

Too good to be true if you've got mug tattooed to your forehead.

Thank you for your constructive input!! I really am a mug, £70 to sky every month...£150 by comparison as a one off payment seems cheap. I wasn't sure though, that is why I asked. That's what you do when researching something new isn't it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
According to the unofficial Kodi site, https://seo-michael.co.uk/, Amazon are making it difficult to use Kodi on the fire stick. Wont allow it on their Home page but it will always work somehow I'm sure.

Amazon may make it difficult but I cannot see that they will remove the functionality completely. Many people are buying the fire stick to be able to view Kodi. if they prevent them from doing so they will be reducing Firestick sales themselves.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Nefarious routes for viewing (free of charge) events and channels which have cost the providers considerable sums to provide should, I feel, be frowned upon. Sky is a wonderful product, and great value for money.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thank you for your constructive input!! I really am a mug, £70 to sky every month...£150 by comparison as a one off payment seems cheap. I wasn't sure though, that is why I asked. That's what you do when researching something new isn't it.

:) It wasn't aimed at you as obviously you've not bought one yet. Buy one though...:dunce:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Nefarious routes for viewing (free of charge) events and channels which have cost the providers considerable sums to provide should, I feel, be frowned upon. Sky is a wonderful product, and great value for money.

Sky is definitely NOT good value for money

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So help out somebody still living in the dark ages here as far as tv goes. I fork out for Sky Sports through my Virgin tivo box, but am getting more and more fed up with the football but keep it going for the cricket. If I were to get one of these Kodi box thingummies, would I be able to get the cricket and watch it on my television?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
So help out somebody still living in the dark ages here as far as tv goes. I fork out for Sky Sports through my Virgin tivo box, but am getting more and more fed up with the football but keep it going for the cricket. If I were to get one of these Kodi box thingummies, would I be able to get the cricket and watch it on my television?

Yes. Best way to imagine it is that you have every live channel running anywhere at your fingertips. Plus any film or TV series. Setup may take a while and getting used to navigating the system will take a while but after that you will be golden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here