Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Monk to Leeds

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would be a decent appointment at a well run Championship Club, Leeds sadly are not, until they get rid of the idiot in charge it does not matter who they appoint.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gary Monk strikes me as a very intelligent, thoughtful, dedicated, young, bright football manager.

What on earth could go wrong?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It'll keep his profile high. If he makes a success of it, all the better, but if not, no-one will accuse him of doing a bad job due to 'impossible circumstances'.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This is off the back of both Darrell Clarke and Karl Robinson turning them down to manage better run teams a a lower level, this must have sent out a message to stay clear

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Desperate for a job is the only thing I can imagine.

Joke Club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is off the back of both Darrell Clarke and Karl Robinson turning them down to manage better run teams a a lower level, this must have sent out a message to stay clear

Enormous and crucial difference between Monk, and those two - they were IN jobs when approached.

The Leeds job IS a big job, and you might get some points on your CV if things work out even reasonably well. If you're out of work, I'd say a risk worth taking.

If you are already in a secure job, and given that there was only a ONE year deal on offer at Leeds, you'd be a fool to take it. After the Leeds approach, Clarke signed a new FOUR year deal at Rovers the next day - so he at least did quite well out of it!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
With their chairman and his history with sackings Monk will be lucky to still be in charge for the first game of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here