Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT for NSCs finest IT/marketing types - Software demo/tutorial videos/screen grabbing...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
To the many hats of NSC. Well off topic and probably the wrong forum but I know there's a chunk of allsorts of IT/salesy/marketing people on here

Has anyone produced any online video tutorials at all, this is new to us and we'd like to make a video to share to demo our product. Like a walk me through guide on how to use the software and grab the screen

This kind of example but preferably one where we can capture the screen and add annotations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyI6dxWrWcc

I tried some screen grab software previously and the quality was rubbish and I don't really know what to search for. Has anyone done this kind of tutorial type production? What software to use? It needs to preferably be free/free trial so we can have a play

Thanking you kindly

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Camtasia - 30 day free trial

https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

I've only messed about as an amateur but it's powerful.

Spot on, thanks Clipped Gull, looks exactly what I'm after (albeit look quite complex though will give it a try)

Off the top of your head do you know if the free trial puts watermarks on the video (eg FREE TRIAL stamped all over it) do you recall?

Cheers

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Spot on, thanks Clipped Gull, looks exactly what I'm after (albeit look quite complex though will give it a try)

Off the top of your head do you know if the free trial puts watermarks on the video (eg FREE TRIAL stamped all over it) do you recall?

Cheers

I last used it about 18 months ago.. I can't recall any watermarks. I was mainly grabbing tv programmes from Iplayer at the time before they expired!

It looks complex and it is a powerful programme, but very easy to get to grips with the basics.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
update:

Just grabbed this from the help page:

https://feedback.techsmith.com/tech..._studio_in_the_free_trial_vs_the_paid_version

As of March 2016, produced videos created with the Camtasia Studio evaluation/trial software contain a watermark. After purchase, this watermark can be removed.

Other than the watermark being added during the production process, all functionality and features are fully operational during the Camtasia 30 day evaluation period.
For those using the trial version as it is intended, that is, to evaluate the program before purchase to see if it meets their needs, this is no problem.
For those who might only need to use Camtasia for a limited time to create videos for sharing with others, we offer a 30 day license for just $14.99. All the videos you create during that 30 day period can be shared without the watermark. You can purchase a 30 day version here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/253050/

So yes there will be a watermark but will be removed upon full purchase or the 30 day licence.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If you google "screen recording and video editing" you will get some more alternatives for integrated screen capture and video production with audio, annotation etc. (yes, I'm bored and having a bite to eat).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Jul 7, 2003
Depending on how you want to present it, I've been looking at CrazyTalk as a way of using simple animations for training purposes - a bit like those airline safety videos many airlines now use. You can drop in video and other screenshots. It is cheap and supposedly easy to use for non-graphic designers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I use Camtasia all the time for video lectures. Can use it to create YouTube vids, MP4s or any type of video that you wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here