Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pele

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Eeeeeeeeeee - I will think I will clear my old cupboards out and see what I can make at auction for my old stuff....................... Should get me a couple of pints in the pub.

I know loads of ex players and most of them say that their medals and International caps etc sit in boxes and never see the light of day so I think it is brilliant Pele is gonna do this and let the wider public have the opportunity to see it. And also in the process make some money for his Charities

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Monastic life is the way to go in terms of possessions, we all surround ourselves with so much unnecessary tat (yes even World Cup medals). Mourinho had it right, lobbing his Premier League winners medal into the crowd. I'm in the process of moving and was thinking about how all my Albion memorabilia sits hidden away unseen and collecting dust and will doubtless continue to do so.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I saw this a couple of days ago and have placed commission bids on a couple of lots. I can't imagine that anything is going to go for a price remotely within the estimate range, but we'll see.

There are going to be some upset civic functionaries - eg a few "keys" to various cities going for an estimate of £100-300...! I've gone for items that have some true connection to Pele, rather than just a gift to him, but that are also (relatively) cheap.

Finally, I'm really surprised at how tat his WC winners' medals look. One looks really tarnished, for example. I'd have thought they'd have been made of something that didn't tarnish (9ct gold?), but clearly not... I'm surprisingly disappointed in FIFA - cheapskates even then, it seems.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here