Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ewan Chester - chief scout

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Left to go back to Birmingham apparently.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
scout.JPG

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Main concern is that he knows who we have been looking at and now Birmingham may also start sniffing round those same players. Given our location, training facilities, stadium and that we're expected to push for promotion again this coming season I'll like to think most players would choose us, but wouldn't be surprised if the cost implications increased off the back of any potential competition.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Main concern is that he knows who we have been looking at and now Birmingham may also start sniffing round those same players. Given our location, training facilities, stadium and that we're expected to push for promotion again this coming season I'll like to think most players would choose us, but wouldn't be surprised if the cost implications increased off the back of any potential competition.
Depends what their budget is, and whether they want to recruit in the same positions.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is absolutely terrible news.

Ewan has brilliant contacts around Europe. He and CH are brilliant friends and so this has really shocked me. The only reason I can think of why it has happened is because Ewan actually lives in Scotland and Birmingham is an easier commute for him.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Depends what their budget is, and whether they want to recruit in the same positions.

Naturally I'm not certain or 'In The Know' but I doubt they have the same funds available as us...we aren't exactly rolling in it (as opposed to other parachute payment clubs) but their financial issues over the years are well documented.

I can only hope there's perhaps some agreement that any players we have targeted won't be discussed with his new empolyers...or i'm being really naive.

theboybilly

We will have made approaches for players behind the scenes weeks, even months ago......players are on holiday or at the Euros. It's just a matter of signing contracts when they come back. We'll be fine

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maybe we've got someone else?

......hopefully not based in Holland.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't think we're living in the Peter Taylor V1.0 age anymore. If you're the sort of person who worries about it, I'd try not to worry about it.

BeeGee

Feb 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Naturally I'm not certain or 'In The Know' but I doubt they have the same funds available as us...we aren't exactly rolling in it (as opposed to other parachute payment clubs) but their financial issues over the years are well documented.

I can only hope there's perhaps some agreement that any players we have targeted won't be discussed with his new empolyers...or i'm being really naive.

I believe his contract with Albion will cover issues just like this, pretty standard to do so. Imagine being a scout and having this information about future strategies, and spilling the beans to a new employer. Might happen once, but then that person would be pretty well unemployable in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here