Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When and Why

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Do posts get moved to the 'Other Stuff/Archived' board ?

There are some very recent, as far as I can see non-controversial stuff, (maybe lively) which has been moved. What is the criteria for moving such threads ?
Thanking you in advance

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
bored-brad-pitt-boyfriend-signs.gif

D

Deleted member 22389

Do posts get moved to the 'Other Stuff/Archived' board ?

There are some very recent, as far as I can see non-controversial stuff, (maybe lively) which has been moved. What is the criteria for moving such threads ?
Thanking you in advance

Well if the discussion is about Corbyn the thread stays, if the thread is about Farage, Immigration it sometimes get moved lol.
Annoying at times, it does make me laugh the reaction.

By the way when is the Corbyn thread going to be moved?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Well if the discussion is about Corbyn the thread stays, if the thread is about Farage, Immigration it sometimes get moved lol.
Annoying at times, it does make me laugh the reaction.

By the way when is the Corbyn thread going to be moved?

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that, but the thread I was asking about was the one about boats landing on the south coast. Maybe you are onto something. :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Speaking personally, the ones I have moved have been either as a result of a handful of posters who seem unable to debate a point without resorting immediately to personal abuse of a fellow NSC member, most frequently a member that they have abused many times in the past; or the thread seems destined to end up there in short order. It does seem that certain topics both attract those posters and engender the abuse - it's almost as though some people have a non-football agenda they wish to proselytise time after time. Those same posters seem perfectly able to be non-abusive on some threads, but not others. My guess is that if the abuse ceased, the vast majority of those few threads that are currently moved to TOS would remain on the BB; certainly I would see no reason to move them. Often, but not always, a thread will have 70%+ of all recent posts from only two posters - many people would say that the appropriate medium for such discussions is a PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here