Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** t20, South Group: Sussex v Somerset at Hove, Jun 1, 2016**

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Anyone heading down to Hove tonight to see some of the short forms big guns, Gayle, Jordan, Wright, Jayawardene, Arafat and Wiese all should be playing under the lights tonight 18.30ko.

That are expecting a crowd around 7k with just a few tickets remaining, our first home game after an impressive start away at Gloucestshire can our youngsters up start the pros.

Sussex from

Will Beer
Danny Briggs
Ben Brown (wkt)
Harry Finch
George Garton
Chris Jordan
Matt Machan
Tymal Mills
Chris Nash
Ajmal Shahzad
Ross Taylor
David Wiese
Luke Wright (c)

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The Somerset squad for this match is:

Jim Allenby (c), Chris Gayle, Peter Trego, Mahela Jayawardene, James Hildreth, Roelof van der Merwe, Ryan Davies (wk), Jamie Overton, Yasir Arafat, Max Waller, Lewis Gregory, Michael Leask, Johann Myburgh.

I hope Yasir plays he is a Sussex great

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No lets hope the showers stay out at sea, forecast to be a balmy 15 and clear

Attachments

• JPG W.jpg
    JPG W.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 536

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not looking forward to the ridiculous start time, I'll almost certainly miss the first half hour unless I get ridiculously lucky with the trains.

Still once there this does look to be a cracker of a game.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thankyou kindly .

Well its only useful if you have SKY a Now pass or access to a spam free stream

I hope to be wrapped in a blanket in the Herbalife Stand with a damn fine Pasticci Pizza followed by a damn fine home made ice cream from the same establishment, hopefully Chris Gayle won't target me ice cream

http://www.cafe-pasticci.co.uk/menu/

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You've cheered me up. Thought Gayle was not in country till Friday. Rain is clearing and only 3 hours till the first pint of Harvey's in the Cricketers. Looking forward to it.

I've seen him do some crazy stuff at the Oval, if he is on form get your hard hats on and be careful if your driving past the county ground tonight

He sets the crowd alight when he starts his car

http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20/videos/media/id/6818/chris-gayle-v-brett-lee-at-the-oval

Attachments

• Squad 11.jpg
    Squad 11.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My missus is taking the youngest son along to it for his first ever game tonight - he's played for Rottingdean the last couple of years after "trying it" one summer as an alternative to football, & fell in love with the game. He cant wait to get there later, so I hope this weather does clear up for it!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Indeed, Sky messing up the cricket now. I would not be surprised to hear that the ground is not that full at kickoff.

Can't make friday so looking forward to this one, shame I shall miss some big hitting at the start.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Indeed, Sky messing up the cricket now. I would not be surprised to hear that the ground is not that full at kickoff.

Can't make friday so looking forward to this one, shame I shall miss some big hitting at the start.

I am sure we will bat first and block a few overs awaiting your arrival

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My missus is taking the youngest son along to it for his first ever game tonight - he's played for Rottingdean the last couple of years after "trying it" one summer as an alternative to football, & fell in love with the game. He cant wait to get there later, so I hope this weather does clear up for it!

A bit like the pre the Tour de France arrival - make sure you hoover up all the crap on entry in the South to add to the experience - free hats, clackers, 4-6 cards....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here