Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open letter to Jose Mourinho

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Dear Jose

Re: Marcus Rashford

Firstly, let me congratulate you on your recent appointment as Man U manager - I understand the competition was fierce, so well done.

I appreciate you must be very busy at the moment sifting through your overflowing in-tray, emails to answer, tedious business lunches, new staff to appoint, etc. So please allow me to assist you on one particular pressing issue.

Marcus Rashford.

A young man with huge potential - we have all seen that in recent weeks. However, consider the following ..

He is very young, just 18. As we all know, the youngsters need nurturing. Many a young'un has come off the rails when exposed to too much success too young, with all the hype and over exposure that comes with it, and it would be a tragedy if poor old Marcus suffered the same fate. He needs building up, manning up, and an opportunity to hone his skills playing regular football in a nurturing, sheltered environment, away from the limelight.

Oh where oh where could that be, I hear you ask yourself? Of course, you don't want to loan him out to a premier league rival, that would be very counter-productive. Ideally, he needs to go somewhere that has great facilities, a great manager who has the unrivalled ability to bring out the best in his players, a supportive staff setup, and a nice place to live, not to close to home (he does need to learn to be independent and self-reliant, time to move out into the big world). He needs a club that itself is teetering on the edge of great things, to drive his competitive urge and give him that taste of success. Then the following season he can nip back up north in time for the Champions League, all primed and ready to go.

Apparently, Brighton and Hove Albion fit the bill. They taught Jessie Lingard all he knows, and are also quite good at exposing those who perhaps aren't quite all they were cracked up to be.

Sure, Marcus (and his mum) might be dismayed at the very thought, but I'm sure can be persuaded to see sense once the obvious advantages have been made clear.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

All the best.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Also, we know you and Mata don't get on, we would be happy to pick up 10k of his wages to get him out of your hair quickly until you can find a more permanent solution.....

We think you should give the 10k of saving to Jesse Lingard, for obvious reasons....

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
A bit intimidate to tell you the truth! It'll take a while for me to build up to 20,000 I think. Infinite juke box, here I come ..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its-so-crazy.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the letter was destined for the reject pile due to the use of Man U rather than Manchester United.

The use of Notts Forest rather than Nottingham Forest certainly used to irk Brian Clough, but he got all reporters to use the correct title.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dear Jose

Re: Marcus Rashford

Firstly, let me congratulate you on your recent appointment as Man U manager - I understand the competition was fierce, so well done.

I appreciate you must be very busy at the moment sifting through your overflowing in-tray, emails to answer, tedious business lunches, new staff to appoint, etc. So please allow me to assist you on one particular pressing issue.

Marcus Rashford.

A young man with huge potential - we have all seen that in recent weeks. However, consider the following ..

He is very young, just 18. As we all know, the youngsters need nurturing. Many a young'un has come off the rails when exposed to too much success too young, with all the hype and over exposure that comes with it, and it would be a tragedy if poor old Marcus suffered the same fate. He needs building up, manning up, and an opportunity to hone his skills playing regular football in a nurturing, sheltered environment, away from the limelight.

Oh where oh where could that be, I hear you ask yourself? Of course, you don't want to loan him out to a premier league rival, that would be very counter-productive. Ideally, he needs to go somewhere that has great facilities, a great manager who has the unrivalled ability to bring out the best in his players, a supportive staff setup, and a nice place to live, not to close to home (he does need to learn to be independent and self-reliant, time to move out into the big world). He needs a club that itself is teetering on the edge of great things, to drive his competitive urge and give him that taste of success. Then the following season he can nip back up north in time for the Champions League, all primed and ready to go.

Apparently, Brighton and Hove Albion fit the bill. They taught Jessie Lingard all he knows, and are also quite good at exposing those who perhaps aren't quite all they were cracked up to be.

Sure, Marcus (and his mum) might be dismayed at the very thought, but I'm sure can be persuaded to see sense once the obvious advantages have been made clear.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

All the best.

what a fantastic idea....with a bit of man scaping we could return them rohan ince at the end of the loan spell ....i doubt anyone at man u would notice...!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here