Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry for the over-emotional post, but I'm about to be reunited with the love of my life.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
We've been apart for 7 years since I left the UK and moved to Cyprus.

It's been a long trip by boat, but I've just had the phone call.

In half an hour my record collection will be here!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Let's hear it for vinyl :thumbsup:
How many albums are we talking? What sort of stuff have you got?
#recordcollector #vinylhead :banana:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've been apart for 7 years since I left the UK and moved to Cyprus.

It's been a long trip by boat, but I've just had the phone call.

In half an hour my record collection will be here!

That is a really slow boat.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
.....Stop Press....HGV collides with train on level crossing in Cyprus.....vehicle catches fire....driver escapes...... no further news.......Reuters.......07.30 GMT

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It was being shipped by GB Railfreight, but they are sorry to announce that the train has been cancelled due to 'staff sickness'.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Let's hear it for vinyl :thumbsup:
How many albums are we talking? What sort of stuff have you got?
#recordcollector #vinylhead :banana:

A lot. :)

As to "sort of stuff", it's very diverse, goes right back to the 50s and was uip =to date when I left the UK 7 years ago. I DJ'd in both mainstream and alternative clubs for many years.

You can see most of it here: https://www.discogs.com/user/ForkMe/collection although it's about 600 CDs short (I hadn't finished entering everything when I left the UK). You can sort by any field on that list. It also includes a small (about 200 albums and a small number of singles) collection I bought from an elderly widow (her husbands collection) over here to stop a local auctions house from ripping her off (they'd offered her 20 Euros for the whole lot, so I gave her 100). That's why there's so much James Last and Sinatra shit in there! I hadn't bothered looking through the singles but when I got them home and did, they were all crap apart from one.

This baby in near mint condition: https://www.discogs.com/John-E-Paul-Prince-Of-PlayersI-Wanna-Know/release/6281515

Seems my good deed was rewarded.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Oh the emotions of being reunited with those memories.
When I moved to Spain in 1984 my collection took two years to catch up with me (Spain were not in the EU). The day it arrived a local club asked if I wanted to DJ that night, I did and lasted 12 years!
Back in the UK the collection was put in cupboards in the office but last year my Wife asked if I wanted to display it all in glass cabinets in the dining room, YOU BET.
Around 6000 7" & 12" singles. And I know every one of them from the colour of the label or sleeve. Of course I never play them any more but did make CD's from the vinyl versions of Dark Side of the Moon and a few others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here