Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person who thinks that...

bhafcforever

Apr 9, 2016
Burton will actually do alright next season and suprise lots of people?
It seems to be that everywhere I see everyone has them as guaranteed relgation

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'll be surprised if they get more than 15 points. Smallest budget, no high profile players and the smallest ground.

Only just managed to get promoted on the last day despite being quite a bit clear for the latter part of the season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lots of local games for them. Not sure if that's a help or a hindrance but very different to Yeovil.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I'm sticking a quid on them to get promoted as champions

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Meh. Think they will struggle big time as Clough Jnr doesn't have a plan A let alone a Plan B. When he took over they were top and cantering, they then became cagey win merchants and scraped over the line behind Wigan.

Down by Easter.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Championship is a significant step up from L1.

If they stay up it will be an amazing effort in my opinion, im not writing them off from doing it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't remember many teams coming up from league one and doing well in this division without some major surgery. We won that league at a canter last time we were there (certainly a better side than Burton), yet Poyet still had to spend a fair chunk - although as it transpired, CMS was a waste when he could have kept Murray, so we'll discount that £2.5m, but nevertheless there won't be £1m sitting around in the Burton coffers to buy a Will Buckley.

They might just stay up though - Rotherham have managed to do so. But small as Rotherham are, even they are a far bigger club with more resources and financial muscle than Burton.

Am I the only person who remembers when another team with no resources and a tiny ground was a dead cert for relegation from the Championship? Coincidentally, they also carried the name "Albion".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Am I the only person who remembers when another team with no resources and a tiny ground was a dead cert for relegation from the Championship? Coincidentally, they also carried the name "Albion".
Yes, and 2 out of 3 seasons spent in this division whilst at Withdean, we got relegated, so I'm not really sure what your point is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember many teams coming up from league one and doing well in this division without some major surgery. We won that league at a canter last time we were there (certainly a better side than Burton), yet Poyet still had to spend a fair chunk - although as it transpired, CMS was a waste when he could have kept Murray, so we'll discount that £2.5m, but nevertheless there won't be £1m sitting around in the Burton coffers to buy a Will Buckley.

They might just stay up though - Rotherham have managed to do so. But small as Rotherham are, even they are a far bigger club with more resources and financial muscle than Burton.

Although ironically Burton could now probably afford the Will Buckley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you are picking 3 teams to go down there are not many choices this year.

For sure Blackburn, Leeds and Wolves are on a downwards slide, and Rotherham and Barnsley will struggle, but Burton won't finish above many others, and probably not most of these 5.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am I the only person who thinks that...

Burton will actually do alright next season and suprise lots of people?

No.

You're just the only one who feels the need to start a thread on it (and EVERYTHING else that pops into your head!)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'll be surprised if they survive longer than one season. When Hasselbaink was in charge they were running away with the league. When Clough took over they lost a lot of momentum and just about spluttered over the line thanks to having such a good head start under Hasselbaink. Would they have gained promotion had Clough been there all season? Doubtful.

I maybe proved wrong but I can only see a season of struggle for them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I saw them in the cup v Peterborough (they lost 0:3) and Hasselbaink was whisked off to QPR a week or so later. Locals told me about a Palace player who was on loan and was the making of the team but kept out of the cup team. At the time (Nov 2015) they were a mile ahead of the rest in the league but faded without the manager and only just crept over the line. Still peeved that the home of brewing doesn't have an ale in the ground.

Incidentally, further to a thread I started about Burton playing home games elsewhere (Burton v Derby, Forest & the Birmingham clubs), I note that Spurs are playing CL games away from home. What is the difference?
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?339190-Moving-Home-Games

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here