Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now the squad has been announced and we're 10 days away from the tournament starting, what do you think?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I have every confidence that with Hart,Smalling and Cahill playing let alone Rooney we will not get out of the group.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A ref called Mickel Deanio will award a dodgy penalty against us which sees us crash out.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
If we win our group I predict we will play Portugal in the quarters, so probably be knocked out then. If we are group runners up then it will be France in the quarters, so au revoir. If we qualify by finishing 3rd in our group then its either Germany or Spain in the last sixteen, so pack your bags. Out of those combinations I reckon Englands best chance of a win will be against Portugal if that happens then that will probably lead to a semi-final against France.

In a nutshell I reckon Quarters.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think we're iin a much tougher group than people think. Russia will be better without Capello and have some very talented players. Wales will be a threat with Bale and hell bent on putting one over on us and Slovakia beat Spain in qualifying and won in Germany over the weekend.

I am concerned.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I'm probably being really stupid, but looking at the format - top 2 in each group qualify along with the 4 best 3rd place teams. I get that.
But then in the round of 16 for instance, 1D will play 3 BEF while 1C will play 3 ABF.
So if the team finishing 3rd in group B qualifies, do they play the winner of group D or C?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have every confidence that with Hart,Smalling and Cahill playing let alone Rooney we will not get out of the group.
Smalling is a far better player than he gets credit for. That said, our defence is pony and I don't think much of the rest of the squad tbh.

I think we will scrape out of the group and then get battered in the first knockout round.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If and it's a big if with Roy, we pick the right team, we are capable of beating anyone. We have an excellent array of strikers with real pace and technical ability. In midfield we also have some decent options although I think Roy has already made one mistake by taking a forward too many. Defensively, we have real problems and Roy doesn't seem to have the balls to pick a team to mask those decencies. He needs 5 in midfield and two defensive midfielders or we are going to let a lot of goals in. Will he do it? Not based on his previous tournaments where he looked naïve in the extreme. I think we will win the group, after that who knows?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I don't care and as a Scotsman it is my duty to say yous are gonnae get humped :lolol:

Now that I've done my duty, I think you'll do OK, I don't think you'll win it but semi finals shouldn't be beyond you. Kane, Vardy, Rose and Deli Ali are very good young players (I haven't seen the squad bit I assume they have all been picked), but this tournament may be a bit too soon for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here