Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone see an acupuncturist and can you recommend a good one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anything that encourages debate about important things in life to some people have a purpose.
It's just knowledge that encourages the debate, not Atheism itself. Not believing in god does not have a purpose, it's just the way we're born.

I imagine that the tooth fairy is not that important to most people
Most, no, but it's import to a lot of children.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's just knowledge that encourages the debate, not Atheism itself. Not believing in god does not have a purpose, it's just the way we're born.

Most, no, but it's import to a lot of children.

It wouldn't be important to children if adults hadn't thought it out in the first place.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was always quite cynical about that sort of thing, assumed it was a load of old hokum.

I went to an osteopath for a sciatica issue which had left me with a constant ache & stiffness in my lower back & hamstrings. He suggested doing a bit of acupuncture as part of the treatment. I just went along with it, expecting nothing whatsoever. At the start, he asked me to touch my toes to the left and right side. One side: fine, the other, to my surprise, I could get nowhere near. No pain as such, just tightness. He did the needly thing, which I was barely aware of apart from a strange sort of burning sensation in the- to put it frankly- arse muscle.

Got off the couch at the end, he ran the same touching toes test, and with no effort or pain whatsoever, I was able to touch them with ease on both sides. Felt completely bizarre, and I really wasn't expecting anything from it, if anything, I was probably waiting for it to be as much of a witchcraft thing as I'd always assumed. But it completely worked for me that time :ohmy:

Had some in the shoulder once, which was helpful, but less dramatically so.

So I'm prepared to believe. At least for some conditions.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anything that encourages debate about important things in life to some people have a purpose.

I imagine that the tooth fairy is not that important to most people so the non-belief in it isn't either.

Not important.....Jesus Christ I got decent money out of the tooth fairy. I made my first million out of tooth fairy money.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was always quite cynical about that sort of thing, assumed it was a load of old hokum.

I went to an osteopath for a sciatica issue which had left me with a constant ache & stiffness in my lower back & hamstrings. He suggested doing a bit of acupuncture as part of the treatment. I just went along with it, expecting nothing whatsoever. At the start, he asked me to touch my toes to the left and right side. One side: fine, the other, to my surprise, I could get nowhere near. No pain as such, just tightness. He did the needly thing, which I was barely aware of apart from a strange sort of burning sensation in the- to put it frankly- arse muscle.

Got off the couch at the end, he ran the same touching toes test, and with no effort or pain whatsoever, I was able to touch them with ease on both sides. Felt completely bizarre, and I really wasn't expecting anything from it, if anything, I was probably waiting for it to be as much of a witchcraft thing as I'd always assumed. But it completely worked for me that time :ohmy:

Believe Edna believe. ..........and you will get that bike at Christmas

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I have recently undergone physio treatment for knee pain - part of the treatment was accupunture (western type) which most definitely relieved the pain but more so relieved the tension in muscles around the knee which in turn greatly increased the angulation in the knee - Yes I have always been cynical about acupuncture but have know seen the benefits first hand
western Accupuncture -yes - releases endorphins or affects neurotransmitters can definitely work especially for muscular injuries.
Eastern or Chinese where sticking a needle in my helmet might cure me of migraines is a bunch of arse.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Very similar experience to me. Have had acupuncture a few times - the first time it was suggested by a physio for what I thought was a muscle strain of some sort. Hobbled into the treatment room, walked out pain free. That was the end of my cynicism. Same thing happened with a persistent soleus muscle tear I had that wasn't healing properly. Dry-needling was used to promote breaking up of the scar tissue that was preventing the proper muscle repair and function. The treatment has always been virtually painless.

Locally, have used the Unity Clinic in Burgess Hill. The prickers (guess that isn't the correct term) there are also massage therapists and are excellent.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have a really good experience of acupuncture
I use Radius at the County Ground Hove
Has made a serious difference following neck surgery 2 years ago
I now only visit for sports massage and acupuncture every 3 months, and has kept everything in order
Think you need to be positive for it to have effect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here