Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone see an acupuncturist and can you recommend a good one.

Totally un football related but as the thread title says but .............

My mum came to visit us down in Bristol and we persuaded her to go see my acupuncturist which went well but I want to find one she can go see in the Brighton area.
Any of the good members of NSC regularly feel a little prick ??

Seriously, any recommendations ?
Ta

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Yeah I go to the Chinese place opposite the ladbrokes on church road. Really good sticking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Talking of placebo's, that's reminded me, I need to creosote mine in the back garden.

I have recently undergone physio treatment for knee pain - part of the treatment was accupunture (western type) which most definitely relieved the pain but more so relieved the tension in muscles around the knee which in turn greatly increased the angulation in the knee - Yes I have always been cynical about acupuncture but have know seen the benefits first hand

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm sure the millions of people who use acupuncture around the world will now dismiss their personal experience and stop as the almighty Voroshilov has spoken.

Millions of people use homeopathy/religion/self mutilation too, it doesn't mean they're beneficial.

Though I did see a study which showed acupuncture to be the only alternative therapy with proven benefits for some conditions, before you say anything!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Millions of people use homeopathy/religion/self mutilation too, it doesn't mean they're beneficial.

Though I did see a study which showed acupuncture to be the only alternative therapy with proven benefits for some conditions, before you say anything!

Well I'm sure homeopathy is beneficial to some, religion I believe has a purpose as does atheism, self mutilation not so sure :)

It's just the bigotry on here that sets me off. Got to stop coming on here as I suppose I'm displaying it now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I'm sure homeopathy is beneficial to some, religion I believe has a purpose as does atheism
Atheism has a purpose?

Do you believe in the tooth fairy? If not, does not believing in the tooth fairy have a purpose?
Maybe there's a fairy that collects your hair when it falls out - do you believe in that? And in not, what purpose does not believing have?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A place I would not suggest going to is where I went a few years back up Camden High St. My problem with it was the Chinese "doctor" I saw having difficulty remembering the word "Parkinsons" when trying to think of what my brain injury would eventually give me. When I told her the word, after around 11 ums delivered by her, she let off a shrill and excited YES THAT'S IT!
The acupuncture afterwards was between the toes, and I didn't approve.
No help whatsoever, but there, I said it anyway.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I tried it, but I just felt a complete pr1ck

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i was once hospitalised with back spasms for almost a week.....pethididne , morphine & valium had no effect.....as a last resort i got my wife to call my chiropractor ....she came and saw me in hospital and rung an accupunturist colleague of hers who came to the ward and stuck some needles in me.....she fixed me up where doctors and drugs couldn't .....the reaction of the doctors was in the same vane as vroshilov's.....but it worked for me and that is a fact...!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had acupuncture (on the NHS) a couple of times for my back. It was very interesting, and I felt different afterwards. I agreed to it as part of a wider spectrum of physiotherapy, because I was curious. It was done in a major teaching hospital.

Scientific research shows that any 'benefit' is indestinguishable from placebo effect. The NHS has been trying to embrace 'alternative' therapies owing to the perceived need to pander to public pressure, but even the NHS struggles to say anything positive:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Acupuncture/Pages/Evidence.aspx

Note that 'not completely proven' is weasel words for 'no evidence'. It is a bit like life on other planets: it is not completely proven that there is no extraterrestrial life, but that does not mean that life does not exist on other planets. Nor does it mean that there is life on other planets. For me if there is no evidence for something, after repeated attempts to seek evidence, then its time to call it a day. I waited for far too long for evidence that CMS would make a valuable contribution to the Albion's attempts to get into the PL, but in the end, despite my wishful thinking, facts had to be faced.

If you are suggestible, and have previous experience of the placebo effect (such as feeling a bit tipsy after accidentally drinking alcohol-free beer, thinking it was Carling, etc), then you may think you're getting benefit from acupuncture. It is certainly worth a punt if you have a minor complaint (on the 'why not?' principle), or indeed if the medical professionals have told you there is absolutely nothing they can do for you. But if you have yet to see a doctor, a doctor should be your first port of call, not an acupuncturist..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here