Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest crazy Cellino plan

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/19j458h13x8hf184cxynudx7k2

Basically Leeds United are offering fans who buy a season ticket before the end of May a 25% refund in the price if Leeds don't finish in the top 6. and if total season ticket sales top 15k by end of July then they will increase the offer to 50% refund.

Now given that Leeds have been nowhere near top 6 for ages what makes Cellino suddenly think that this year will be their year? And if you were a Leeds fan would you seriously expect to get the refund or will there suddenly be an extra clause added (like the refund will be applied as a discount on next years season ticket).

And do the mighty Leeds really struggle to sell 15k season tickets?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Surely this is a recipe for FFP disaster! They'll have to spend big to stand even a remote chance of getting top 6, which means big spend and big wages. And when they fail, they have to refund something like a third of their gate receipts, which will surely see them exceed the rate at which they can lose money (assumed to be £39m over 3 years), which means they can't repeat the exercise in seasons 2 and 3, which rapidly increases the likelihood of FFP sanctions, transfer embargoes, fines, admin, points deductions, relegation, new Pompey etc.

Good plan!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leeds will be nowhere near the top 6 next season, and Cellino will weasel out of paying anything back. That is a cast iron 24 carat guarantee.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Don't imagine there's intent to either reach the top 6 or pay any money out. If Cellino is still in charge by the end of the season I'll be stunned. This sounds like an offer with very small print tucked away somewhere

Don't imagine there's intent to either reach the top 6 or pay any money out. If Cellino is still in charge by the end of the season I'll be stunned. This sounds like an offer with very small print tucked away somewhere

My guess is that there is no small print.

The deal is:- I'm Cellino, I've misled people in the past and I'll do it again. I've always got away with it and nobody ever stops me.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
12,000 season ticket holders? Wow, they really have gone downhill.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/19j458h13x8hf184cxynudx7k2

Basically Leeds United are offering fans who buy a season ticket before the end of May a 25% refund in the price if Leeds don't finish in the top 6. and if total season ticket sales top 15k by end of July then they will increase the offer to 50% refund.

Now given that Leeds have been nowhere near top 6 for ages what makes Cellino suddenly think that this year will be their year? And if you were a Leeds fan would you seriously expect to get the refund or will there suddenly be an extra clause added (like the refund will be applied as a discount on next years season ticket).

And do the mighty Leeds really struggle to sell 15k season tickets?

Nothing new debated to death already see http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...on-ticket-offer&highlight=leeds+season+ticket

Can Mods merge

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
don't forget we have a massive Yorkshire giant in the division.... A true Yorkshire team...

That's right the mighty Barnsley... this is where all their fans have gone... want to see a winning team.... Dirty and Massive will see their crowds dwindle now....:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So even with the offer, they've sold less ('close to') than last season.

Perhaps season ticket sales are less important at Leeds than at some other places? They've got a big old fashioned stadium with a capacity not far short of 40K, so presumably much of their support is happy just to ramp up on match day and POTG (like we used to).

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It'll be in the new manager's contract, he has to shell out if he fails to get them into the top six

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here