Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Music

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have 2.6gb of music on a usb memory stick which I want to put on an sd card to put into my tablet for holiday. How do I do this? Do I need to download a program so that it plays the music as it plays through windows media if I put the usb into my laptop. I am sure somebody will be able to help me thanks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why don't you put your usb stick into your tablet and copy the music files straight over to the sd card?

Your tablet should have a usb port.

Insert sd card first and format it so it has a clean platform.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
can't you connect it directly to your PC using the mini usb charging lead?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no way to connect the tablet to laptop as I can see. I am fairly sure last time I did it I had to do it through a separate program or I tunes but I cannot remember how I did it, The only mini usb port is the one that I use to re charge it. Can I use that or is it only for charging?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
There is no way to connect the tablet to laptop as I can see. I am fairly sure last time I did it I had to do it through a separate program or I tunes but I cannot remember how I did it, The only mini usb port is the one that I use to re charge it. Can I use that?

Get a USB to mini usb lead ....job done no other program needed

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
There is no way to connect the tablet to laptop as I can see. I am fairly sure last time I did it I had to do it through a separate program or I tunes but I cannot remember how I did it, The only mini usb port is the one that I use to re charge it. Can I use that or is it only for charging?
I doubt you used iTunes on your Samsung device [emoji3]

You should be able to plug your USB charging cable into your tablet and then into your laptop. Then you can drag and drop the files.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does your laptop have an SD card reader?

If you plug the usb stick into one of the usb ports on the laptop it should show as a removable drive, stick the SD card into the card reader and it will show as another removable drive.

Copy or Cut the files from the usb stick and paste them onto the SD card. You might need to check if the SD card needs a certain folder structure so the tablet knows where to find music files.

If you don't have a card reader on the laptop then you either need an external card reader that connects via usb or a usb/sd card apadpter. Or a mini/micro usb to usb cable should connect the tablet to the laptop and show the storage on the tablet so you can copy and paste the files that way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

You should be able to plug your USB charging cable into your tablet and then into your laptop. Then you can drag and drop the files.
i think that I may be getting confused with when I put them on my I Pod.

So basically I copy them to my laptop music file then connect a usb to mini usb lead through the charging port and then drag and drop them. using the tablet as the same as an external drive or USB stick. Will the music then play ok through the sound system of the tablet as it uses either Windows media or Grove to play it from the usb.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I sync I Tunes to my Android device, don't see why BG should be any different

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have discovered why I couldnt drag and drop the files. The reason being that only 1 of the 2 usb connections on my laptop is working. Must take it to DR Ex for him to look at.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I understand that you can import a cd to a laptop via either Windows Media Player or I Tunes but can you also import tunes from a USB memory stick

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully somebody sensible will post on here. Perhaps the last poster should change his name to young boy of Sussex it would seem more appropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here