Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harper update...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sounds like his dad is hyping him up. Seen nothing yet to suggest he is first team ready. Think he needs to get his head down and work hard if he wants to succeed at this level.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good find. Sounds like he doesn't have long to impress with a year left, he is at an age where he should be close to being in the first team if he's going to make it you think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And to think that there were plenty of posters on here advocating that he should be playing in the 1st team LAST season!

IF he makes it, it won't be for quite a while yet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I couldn't believe the outright euphoria on here when he signed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very diappointed in what i've seen of him. Looks lazy

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He couldn't get in the Scottish Under 21's (the SCOTTISH under 21's) because he was seen as a lazy, luxuary player when he did play.

I think he's got the talent to get in the Championship if he knuckles down but this is likely to be all down to something personality, belief, effort, fitness related and that's for the coaching team to solve as much as him (sounds bad but true). You can't polish a turd, but if there's something there to be brought out and get this skillful and lazy player working to at least a moderate level in a game then maybe he'll have a good career not a FM one.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can't believe the negativity in this thread. He's obviously a great young talent who has been struggling with an injury. It may be a while before he gets into the first team but still a really exciting prospect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't realise he'd scored 8 goals in 15 games for the Dev Squad.

Not too shabby.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can't believe the negativity in this thread. He's obviously a great young talent who has been struggling with an injury. It may be a while before he gets into the first team but still a really exciting prospect.
There have always been excellent players labeled as 'lazy'. Back in the day, Wardy was accused of being lazy. I remember people having a go at Murray as well. Let's hope he is of the same ilk as those two!

Sent from the boot of Lingard

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He will NEVER play for the first team as he doesn't EXIST

Oh he exists all right and the Manager knows he exists

I always ask about him and was told ''he plays in a position where it is really hard to find good players just in front of the forwards. He came with an injury so he has took a while to get up to speed but there is obvious talent there; however you can tell he has come from a league where the build up is much slower and the pace of the game is much slower and he still plays in that style, so he is still adapting to a different type of game''

I took that to mean. Not yet shown enough to suggest he is good enough but there definitely is a good player in there and it's up to the lad himself to bring it out. He sits just a few rows in front of me when I go to home matches and I have often been tempted to speak to him but the Youth team are all together and they are often all talking amongst themselves before and after the match.

I can actually see him getting a squad number this year if he has a good pre-season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can well remember DiP absolutely ASSURING everyone he'd been bought for the first team :lolol:

Oh he exists all right and the Manager knows he exists

I always ask about him and was told ''he plays in a position where it is really hard to find good players just in front of the forwards. He came with an injury so he has took a while to get up to speed but there is obvious talent there; however you can tell he has come from a league where the build up is much slower and the pace of the game is much slower and he still plays in that style, so he is still adapting to a different type of game''

I took that to mean. Not yet shown enough to suggest he is good enough but there definitely is a good player in there and it's up to the lad himself to bring it out. He sits just a few rows in front of me when I go to home matches and I have often been tempted to speak to him but the Youth team are all together and they are often all talking amongst themselves before and after the match.

I can actually see him getting a squad number this year if he has a good pre-season.

Interesting to read that. Chatting after the REMF game last night Teixeira's name came up again (nothing substantiated other than that his agent is looking for a club and the Fiorentina transfer doesn't seem to have happened). I repeated my opinion that he doesn't really fit our style of play and, from the above, it would seem we'd have to go more 4-4-1-1 (or some sort of 4-3-3) to fit Harper in. Definitely don't need two in that position. If we keep our spine and land a couple of decent strikers I can't even see Harper getting near the first team.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He came to us without a pre season under his belt, how about we give the lad a chance and see how he gets on up to Xmas before we start slating him and calling him lazy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here