Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leigh Griffiths

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Most will agree that we need a 25 goal a season striker to get us over the line and it’s likely to cost £6 Million plus......
How about Leigh Griffiths 52 goals in 72 games - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Griffiths, unlikely to want to come south though, especially with Champions league football to play.

As a Scotsmen who watches lots of Scottish football and follows the national team I can say with authority to take his goal record with a big pinch of salt. Goals scored in the SPL kind of work like dog years.

"The thumb" as many call him is a great finisher but not convinced by him at all. Would happily see him at the AMEX as he would be worth a punt.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
£6m for a striker who has only scored in League One or an uncompetitive Scottish League is way too much of a gamble

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Most will agree that we need a 25 goal a season striker to get us over the line and it’s likely to cost £6 Million plus......
How about Leigh Griffiths 52 goals in 72 games - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Griffiths, unlikely to want to come south though, especially with Champions league football to play.

Hmmm always makes me smile when people talk about Celtic and Champions League football. Yes Celtic always qualify, but they never get beyond the knock out stages, so what is there to keep players there?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hmmm always makes me smile when people talk about Celtic and Champions League football. Yes Celtic always qualify, but they never get beyond the knock out stages, so what is there to keep players there?

I'm sure they managed it once. But I get your point.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's playing below L1 level for a team who are borderline L1/Champ level and thus is helped to do even better than he would in a L2 side in L2. Does that make sense? I'm awake early rather than up late while writing it.

Also he is a bell-end from what I know previously

No from me

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For 6m we could likely get someone better than a striker who's only real achievements are in the SPL, whilst playing for far and away the best team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here