Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on...Who has upset the MASSIVE?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
They've got a point though. People were over the moon some team with nothing to do with us lost. So what?

The bitterness is so cringey.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I love the "they'll struggle/we'll be at different ends of the table/once they've lost their best players" arguments. Incredibly short sighted.

They used to be a massive club. They're trading off their past glories. Like Leeds and Liverpool. If they're a big club, PROVE they're a big club.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I expect both clubs will do OK next season. This talk will pass. There are other clubs much easier to dislike in our league next year ( Cardiff, Leeds, Derby)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
There's a mix of comments on there, as there usually is on threads of that type on every forum. One of their fans wades into them and says that many of them are arrogant and it's no surprise that some other clubs' fans have taken a dislike. Some of the posts that are critical of us have an element of truth, to be fair. There's one post that says we had 4 chances (Derby, Boro, Wednesday twice) and blew them all. That is essentially correct, although we would argue there were a number of extenuating factors. Derby was entirely self-inflicted, was it not?

I love the "they'll struggle/we'll be at different ends of the table/once they've lost their best players" arguments. Incredibly short sighted.

They used to be a massive club. They're trading off their past glories. Like Leeds and Liverpool. If they're a big club, PROVE they're a big club.

I particularly enjoyed the post regarding our players having their heads turned after seeing Hillsborough as posted by Edna .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I particularly enjoyed the post regarding our players having their heads turned after seeing Hillsborough as posted by Edna .

Every club has idiots like that, I saw someone on here suggest Brighton was bigger pull than Villa, despite being laughable at the moment it isnt true.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite a relief.

Having lost both Burnley and Middlesbrough, it's decision made as to who will be next season's "irrelevant Northern team to have some sort of bizarre rivalry thing with".

Has anyone mentioned how nice it is to live in Sussex relative to there yet?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There's one post that says we had 4 chances (Derby, Boro, Wednesday twice) and blew them all. That is essentially correct, although we would argue there were a number of extenuating factors. Derby was entirely self-inflicted, was it not?

Lucky he didn't got on to say that we were serial play-off bottlers, while he was dishing out the home truths....!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Really can't understand the bad feeling towards Wednesday .
They really are the proverbial sleeping giant, and should be in the top tier.
You had 4 cracks at them last season, and didn't beat them once, so maybe it comes from that ?
Fancy them to do well next season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You had 4 cracks at them last season, and didn't beat them once, so maybe it comes from that ?

No-one asked you. Back to the Palace threads.

Thanks for the input.

But kindly bugger off from a thread nothing to do with Palace.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Liverpool trading off past glories? Blimey that is a first, even for some of the crap written on here over the last 15 odd years

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
The animosity from both sides is, frankly, pathetic

We couldn't beat them on four occasions this season and they bottled it in the final. Get over it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here