Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vahid Hambo

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Our Finnish development squad striker, now fully recovered from injury, is in the Finnish U-21 squad for an U-21 European Championship qualifier against the Faroe Islands on Thursday. Here is a two-minute TV interview with him - Vahid Hambo voitto .......

It is in Finnish so I have absolutely no idea what he says.

Two questions:-

1) Why is there an owl with a big black beard at the beginning of the clip?
2) Is there no Finnish word for "Grassroots"?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How the hell did you find that when you don't even speak there lingo?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It'd be good for someone to ask Hughton for his assessment as I believe they set goals for Harper & Hambo to be pushing for first time last season and neither got close for any reason. Be interested to hear his comments on their development

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
image.jpeg

Hope this helps

I only wanted to see the owl with the beard :(

strand

Jun 3, 2014
Our Finnish development squad striker, now fully recovered from injury, is in the Finnish U-21 squad for an U-21 European Championship qualifier against the Faroe Islands on Thursday. Here is a two-minute TV interview with him - Vahid Hambo voitto .......

It is in Finnish so I have absolutely no idea what he says.

Two questions:-

1) Why is there an owl with a big black beard at the beginning of the clip?
2) Is there no Finnish word for "Grassroots"?
1) The nickname of the finnish national team is "huuhkajat", meaning "the eagle-owls". At a match against Belgium about ten years ago an eagle owl flew to the stadium and caused the game to be stopped. the players were even running after the old thing trying to catch it. Finland ended up winning and a legend was born. Since then the national team has been known as the eagle owls. :)

2) grassroots in finnish is "ruohonjuuritaso", but many people in finland think english is cooler than finnish. this particular word sounds quite bad in finnish to be honest, so in this case I accept the use of english

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Let hope his fitness issues are behind him,and can challenge for a first team place as the 5th striker to start with.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Let hope his fitness issues are behind him,and can challenge for a first team place as the 5th striker to start with.
Why 5th... ?.... with a good pre season he could be in contention .... who knows.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
1) The nickname of the finnish national team is "huuhkajat", meaning "the eagle-owls". At a match against Belgium about ten years ago an eagle owl flew to the stadium and caused the game to be stopped. the players were even running after the old thing trying to catch it. Finland ended up winning and a legend was born. Since then the national team has been known as the eagle owls. :)

2) grassroots in finnish is "ruohonjuuritaso", but many people in finland think english is cooler than finnish. this particular word sounds quite bad in finnish to be honest, so in this case I accept the use of english
Great knowledge!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here