Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toulon Tournament

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I watched England win this tournament on TV today. Is there a worse-attended tournament out there featuring players that have played in the Premier League? It was the final, England versus the home country, France, and there seemed to be fewer fans present than the women's playoff game (648). How utterly pathetic.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I watched England win this tournament on TV today. Is there a worse-attended tournament out there featuring players that have played in the Premier League? It was the final, England versus the home country, France, and there seemed to be fewer fans present than the women's playoff game (648). How utterly pathetic.

I'm pretty sure this is a behind closed doors tournament except for TV and is just for officials, families, scouts etc

Jul 7, 2003
Not forgetting that it is played on a pitch that most Sunday League teams would be ashamed to call home. Always bobbly although this year there does seem a little more grass on it than previous years.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ha, that would explain it then. It definitely doesn't make for good television.

Yeah I remember watching it when JFC, March and Walton were all in the squad and the quality was awful, do they still only play 40 minute halves?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here