Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC end-of-season Championship awards (100% unofficial)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on then. Now it's all done and dusted for another year, let's have your thoughts please on some or all of the following...

1) Most improved Albion player

2) Most disappointing Albion player

3) Favourite Albion goal scored (not necessarily the best goal, just the one that felt the best for whatever reason)

4) Most irritating opposition manager

5) Most despised opposition player (give reasons, ideally irrational ones)

6) Best opposition player seen

7) Best Albion performance

8) Worst Albion performance

9) Best opposition performance against

10) Worst opposition performance against

11) Favourite "moment" (Albion)

12) Favourite "moment" (non-Albion)

13) Schadenfreude moment of the season

14) The Simon Hooper Trophy for the worst refereeing decision

15) Best Actor In a Leading Role- for diving and/or feigning injury in the most impressive fashion

16) Favourite FA Cup Final goal

17) Best dance by a manager in a Wembley final

18) Best beard (all teams)

19) Worst beard (all teams)

20) Worst travelling support at the Amex

21) Best travelling support at the Amex

22) The Everyone Gets An Award Award, for the person who you just think deserves one (please state reason)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
1) Bruno. Thought Rosenior would stroll into the RB slot. Instead, the 35-year old had his best season, in an Albion shirt, by some distance.
2) This is tough, as most had such good seasons! Correction: was tough until I remembered Elvis. "Mr Offside" has been a huge letdown but is the only one of our summer signings to disappoint.
3) Sidders at Forest. Poor perfomance, having gone ahead early. Big match and we didn't turn it on...until injury time. Definitely the biggest fist-pump of the season for me.
4) Cor, this is difficult. Hughts would no doubt say Steve Evans for his antics at the Amex. I'd have to plump for Dyche, though. Classless and myopic defence of Barton's actions.
5) Barton. Obviously. Ramirez a close second.
6) We made Luke Freeman look good by giving him way too much space. Marshall's an excellent goalkeeper. But has to be Lookman - different class in the first 15 minutes and playing in a crap side.
7) Best performance probably our first half aganst Wednesday :lolol:. Not sure I've seen us dominate in that way against a decent team before. Charlton second-half at home in second place.
8) Has to be Rotherham away. Never got going and didn't look likely to score at any point. And against such a crap side too.
9) Cardiff. Cut us to pieces with slick, incisive movement and clinical finishing. I don't even think we played poorly - just got swept aside.
10) Fulham. Ha. Shower of shite that they are. Leeds were also hopeless.
11) I enjoyed Tomer's winner at Portman Road a lot. Showed guts to win after letting them back in it. Carl Baker's penalty miss in injury time has to be the most enjoyable, though. Absolute scenes in the stands afterwards.
12) Diame's goal for Hull vs Wednesday :lolol:. Suck on that, Massive.
13) Quite enjoyed Barton getting brutalised in the first few minutes vs QPR. Dyche highlighted our inability to defend set pieces and then we took the lead from one of ours. That was nice. One of the shithouse refs was hit full-force by the ball. Stewart Downing got booed by his adoring public.
Wednesday's Wembley misery takes some beating, though. Fernando :tosser: Barry :cry:
14) The Complete And Utter Shyster. Of course it is. Pawson's ineptness meant he was bound to let Barton run wild with no consequence. Dean, however, is supposed to be a Premier League ref but instead defers to players on what decision to make. What a ****.
15) Bruno. The lad likes a pretend injury a little too much for my liking. Comes with the Spanish flair though, I suppose.
16) :p:D
17) 'Naturally Dominant'
18) Bruno for "My head is upside down"
19) The Real Madrid physio last night. Diabolical.
20) Ahh. The Reading award. Did they manage 200 in the end? At least they won something this year.
21) Charlton. Hardly brought any and made very little noise. But they did cheer us on at Boro (and, at times, against them!) and I like them.
22) Calde. Just for being Calde. We'll miss you, Inigo: you gorgeous man, you.

No award for an NSC poster? Ok well I'll present one to ChazzyBhafc for his 'Joey Barton Anger Management Foundation' and 'Gaston Ramirez Shinpad Foundation' vids.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No award for an NSC poster? Ok well I'll present one to ChazzyBhafc for his 'Joey Barton Anger Management Foundation' and 'Gaston Ramirez Shinpad Foundation' vids.

I contemplated an NSC poster award, but felt that it might descend into a binfest in relation to some of our more, um, characterful posters.

Chazzy is fine :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I contemplated an NSC poster award, but felt that it might descend into a binfest in relation to some of our more, um, characterful posters.

Chazzy is fine :thumbsup:

It's ok: PhatBaz flounced, Footsoldier/BigBelly was found out and Vulture's been banned on fifteen different accounts.
Timmy takes the abuse rather well (any attention, I guess?) so I'm sure he won't mind an award for the most self-serving individual of the season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just remembered (c/o somebody on Twitter the other day) my choice for the worst beard.

"Jedinak fresh from hiding the bodies of his latest outback hitchhiker victims under a polythene sheet on the back of his ute".

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
1) Solly March (always flattered to deceive until this season for me).

2) Elvis.

3) Hemed's penalty at Fulham both for the timing and celebration.

4) Sean Douche - went down a lot in my estimation

5) Joey Barton. Just a thug for what he did to Kayal

6) Will Hughes owned the midfield, closely followed by Adam Clayton and Lookman (first half only for Charlton)

7) Brentford at home? There were a lot of good performances. We were brilliant in the first half at Fulham.

8) Rotherham away.

9) Middlesbrough at home, though we were decimated by injury

10) Leeds the harder they tried the worse they became.

11) The celebrating at Charlton, I actually began to believe

12) The missed pen for MK........

13) Quite liked Rhodes blocking Ramirez's goal bound effort at Birmingham when they were getting desperate.

14) So many. Hoops for the phantom hold at Burnley or Pawson for not wanting to see the jump? Mike Dean wins it by a mile for me, just a smug pr!ck, who got it badly wrong.

15) Barton again, writhing in agony, Dunk drags his foot over him and he leaps to his feet to confront him......

16) Jesse........ LoL

17) The next England manager........ LoL

18) Bruno

19) Will Hughes

20) Reading or MK

21) Middlesbrough - though easy when you are winning

22) Liam Rosenoir, as shrewd signing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great call on Will Hughes' beard, [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION]. I'd forgotten about that. Made him look a bit Steptoe & Son, which may not have been the look he was aiming for.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1. March - looked the best player in the league for 4/5 weeks prior to injury. Was skinning full backs for fun, scoring goals and was a joy to watch. The poor Birmingham full back is still having nightmares
2. Elvis - big expectation but seems lost has no real position and for a lad who wants to play CF and with the amount of pace he has it's criminal to not understand the offside rule
3. Zamora v Leeds his 1st goal for us in his 2nd spell, was late on and a winner. And against European biggest club
4. Dyche - was shown to a right cock this year constant shit hoof ball, complaining and antics on the sideline
5. Barton - not sure it was possible to dislike someone I've never even met as much as him.
6. Hughes - is a good footballer and dominated a lot of the game at the AMEX. Personally I think he will be gone although not to Liverpool as he would not get on the Nivia advert looking like that
7. Wednesday at home. Best performance from a patched up side. Dominated. Should have won by 4/5 but that's life.
8. Rotherham away - depressing place and depressing result
9. Cardiff away - only time I think we have really been cut apart all year when close to full strength
10. Bristol City away - they were in this great home run but were lost that day
11. 2 as Albion moments both after horrible moments in the season. - fans staying behind to appreciate a 22 game run coming to an end and fans after unjustly going out the playoffs. Both showing great appreciation
12. Lingaard bullet in the cup final
13. Wednesday fans crying
14. One candidate really but as he has already been slaughtered I'll go East who had a decent game really but his miss on an obvious push really halted our momentum. I think we would have gone on to win personally
15. Pepe I've never seen a supposedly hard player roll around the floor holding his face so much. It's like someone is stabbing a hoodoo doll of him in the face 24/7
16. Jesse was a great goal as well lol Jesse
17. The man who won t be sexted that evening
18. Bruno obviously
19. Few pathetic ones but as has been mentioned Will Hughes WTF is that
20. Reading - did anyone actually come down? Fair play to the dozen that did
21. Leeds - dislike them but 4-0 down they still had a sing.
22. Calderon, Greer, Zamora and Crofts all players who have left that have done wonders for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here