Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness World Record Attempt

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Any chance of making this a sticky?

Posting this on behalf of a friend involved in this..

****Public Welcome Sunday 29th & Monday 30th May****
Aimed Completion - Monday 30th May 6pm (approx.)
About our world record.
A world record attempt currently happening in Lancing West Sussex.
Location Lancing College (rear field parking) Not main entrance.
Our aim is to set the record for the longest continuous football match.
In memory of three members of the family of football: Jacob Schilt, Matt Chaplain, Matt Grimstone, we would like to share any funds we raise between the British Heart Foundation, and toward a permanent memorial bearing the names of all three players.
The current record stands at 105hrs and is held by the Craig Gowans Memorial Fund in Scotland (July 2015).

https://www.facebook.com/HeartbeatFC/?fref=ts

http://www.mattchaplain.com/heartbeatfc/

The second page also has a link to donate and further info about it all.

Any support or donation would be very welcome to a cause that is near and dear to many in the local area.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best not being a sticky IMO - hopefully people replying will keep it near the top, and it will get seen more than if it was a sticky.

Good luck!

Jul 7, 2003
I went along this afternoon for a while. Understandably a lot of very tired people around, not just the players but all those helping to support the event. Not sure many of those playing will be walking tomorrow. While I was there, one player blocked a goalbound shot which hit him on the calf. That can be sore at the best of times so I can't imagine how much pain he was in after playing for over four days! Needless to say, he was helped off the pitch.

Great effort by all involved.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I went along this afternoon for a while. Understandably a lot of very tired people around, not just the players but all those helping to support the event. Not sure many of those playing will be walking tomorrow. While I was there, one player blocked a goalbound shot which hit him on the calf. That can be sore at the best of times so I can't imagine how much pain he was in after playing for over four days! Needless to say, he was helped off the pitch.

Great effort by all involved.

Cool.. It was a success...
Post from their Facebook page..

The finale to our epic 4.5 day non stop football match.
Please could we have as many likes as possible for our 36 players & team.
We did it!......A new world record!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here