Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monaco Grand Prix

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
could be well worth a watch tomorrow

showers forecast throughout the race

Riccardio on pole (probably as it stands now the best driver on the grid)

Hulkenburg known for his wet racing skills is 5th on the grid

and the grand monsieur Alonso 10th

throw in Hamilton,Vettel & Rosberg

could be a classic

just like in 1996 when Panis won in the Prost

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not into F1 but isnt Monaco known as a a track where the leading car off the grid usually wins as there are very few places to overtake. Or am I getting confused with another circuit.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I am not into F1 but isnt Monaco known as a a track where the leading car off the grid usually wins as there are very few places to overtake. Or am I getting confused with another circuit.

You are correct, 10 out of the last 12 have been won by the front row of the grid. the major factor at Monaco is which drivers will total their car and when during the race as this will have a certain impact on the final standings.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'll be watching the first 35 seconds to see if Rosberg and Hamilton crash into each other then turning over onto something else more interesting...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was wanting to see how Verstappen performs after the Spanish GP but starts from pitlane after Q1 crash.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Generally the dullest race on the calendar bar Valencia but THE race to be seen at. Rain is the only hope for decent race IMO. I love F1 but Monaco is normally a borefest

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just shows how good Hamilton is. Rosberg told to move over and let him go after Ricciardo!

Bet we don't Rosberg grinning today :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Just shows how good Hamilton is. Rosberg told to move over and let him go after Ricciardo!

Bet we don't Rosberg grinning today :)
Probably had more to do with Rosberg having issues with his car though?

Pretty sure during the race they were told by Mercedes that he had brake issues.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Do Red Bull have a thing about Aussie drivers? The treatment of Webber and now Riccardo is poor, Riccardo was rightly spitting feathers at the end of the race. Verstappen apperas as the new love child of Helmut Marko & Horner, in place of Vettle.

Sad to see that Williams appear to be stuck in reverse gear and going backwards down the grid.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Probably had more to do with Rosberg having issues with his car though?

Pretty sure during the race they were told by Mercedes that he had brake issues.

Did Mercedes say that after? I thought he just couldn't get enough temperature in his tyres - (because of the brakes?), not seen anything else on it yet. Could it be he was just slow?

Saw your link but that was just a 'possibly', don't think they know yet, or it was just Rosberg being tentative in the wet. Strange he let 6th go at the end after keeping him behind him for so long, not sure he just switched off there.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Did Mercedes say that after? I thought he just couldn't get enough temperature in his tyres - (because of the brakes?), not seen anything else on it yet. Could it be he was just slow?

Saw your link but that was just a 'possibly', don't think they know yet, or it was just Rosberg being tentative in the wet. Strange he let 6th go at the end after keeping him behind him for so long, not sure he just switched off there.

Honestly no idea if it came out after from the team, I know Kravitz got it from someone in the garage (by 'know' I mean it's what he said so...hmm) during the race, which prompted the commentary chats.

More than possible he was just slow but I find it baffling to think that someone fighting for the championship would choose to have a go slow as their rival drives a blinder. That move from at the end was very well done, Rosberg could regret that late on this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this race showed the difference between a world champion and a good racing driver. The conditions were dangerous and Hamilton is a born racer, Rosberg will have been backing off as he would not have been comfortable in a twitchy car on a wet track with armcos less than six inches away at high speed. Fantastic race by Hamilton pedestrian in the extreme by Rosberg and if his brakes weren't up to temperature it was because he was pussyfooting.....IMO.

Rosberg said after the race that his tyres had gone off on the final lap, he had no grip left and had to nurse it home.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rosberg said after the race that his tyres had gone off on the final lap, he had no grip left and had to nurse it home.

I saw that, and I think both his interview and reporting since has concluded there were no actual problems with his brakes or tyres, just that he did't feel confident enough to push hard on them, and therefore the temperatures weren't getting in the tyres or his brakes. In short, he had a bit of a shocker. Looked to me that he nursed it home from lap 1! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here