Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former Cheltenham Town winger Zack Kotwica has trial at Brighton

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why another winger

If you had watched any U21 games you would have noticed how poor our wingers are.

Ward looked really good when he first came. Seems to have gone back a bit.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think there will be a lot of young players linked now with the termination of the emergency loan window. Those few that maybe good enough will more likely earn a U21 contract than before just incase the squad is ravished with injuries

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We've got an amazing training facility and academy, we just need to fill it with a vast array of future stars. Good luck to all the young lads coming in, I hope they can further their careers and push up through the ranks at the Albion. :albion2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unlikely to be a one-off trial specifically for him. It sounds like we had a/some big sessions looking to recruit some younger players:

[Scarborough Athletic winger Jamie Forrester] said: "I signed up with an agent a month or so ago, he sent my CV out and Brighton invited me down.

"I was a bit of a late developer, that was the kind of player that they were keen to look at on the day.

"There were a lot of players down that had been released by pro clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal and a few from non-league teams.

"I thought I did well on the ball, there was no difference really, but most of them were full-time players, so I was a little bit behind in that.

More: http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/forrester-hoping-he-made-brighton-rock-1-7923284

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm very excited at the crop of youngsters who previously would have stayed at clubs like Chelsea knowing they could go out on loan but will now prefer to look at alternative clubs where they can ply their trade and with our facilities we must be a superb option.

I'm expecting a competitive 25-man squad plus a development squad full of players eager under 21's who are waiting for their break

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Why not? It is sensible that the club looks at young players. That way we can develop them and then they can play in the first team if they do well and we can spend big transfer fees elsewhere! If they don't progress well enough it is not a great loss either.

Is it not possible they are to cover players who are sold on?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think there will be a lot of young players linked now with the termination of the emergency loan window. Those few that maybe good enough will more likely earn a U21 contract than before just incase the squad is ravished with injuries

Ravaged even? :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've got an amazing training facility and academy, we just need to fill it with a vast array of future stars. Good luck to all the young lads coming in, I hope they can further their careers and push up through the ranks at the Albion. :albion2:

I like the fact that the club seem to be trying to nurture and develop players from an ever-earlier age. There's been young kids (Albion under-9's?) paraded pitch side before a couple of games at the Amex this season. It's all good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here