Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's rather lovely :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst getting excited about the imminent Iron Maiden gig I have been following the exploits of their current tour. Unless you don't know their singer is, amongst a few things, a qualified commercial air pilot. He is literally flying the band, stage crew and the stage show around the world in a 747. They stop off at various stadia on a carefully plotted route around the world. Fans even come out to see the plane land in their country.

This photo was taken last week. Bruce Dickinson, the singer, said in an interview afterwards that he put the autopilot in a circular bank around table mountain and did a few circuits whilst a small plane took the snaps. Cool huh?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 837

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Whilst getting excited about the imminent Iron Maiden gig I have been following the exploits of their current tour. Unless you don't know their singer is, amongst a few things, a qualified commercial air pilot. He is literally flying the band, stage crew and the stage show around the world in a 747. They stop off at various stadia on a carefully plotted route around the world. Fans even come out to see the plane land in their country.

This photo was taken last week. Bruce Dickinson, the singer, said in an interview afterwards that he put the autopilot in a circular bank around table mountain and did a few circuits whilst a small plane took the snaps. Cool huh?

Surprised you didn't post a Messerschmitt shooting down a spitfire ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is the spitfire? doing loop the loops over East Preston now ?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
For all you real geeks here is something a bit harder what is this?

japan(a).jpg

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Why is the spitfire? doing loop the loops over East Preston now ?

I don't think it is that unusual as, next door in Ferring, I see it fairly regularly.

Some/many are maintained at Shoreham (Ricardo) and I believe they are 'unleashed' a bit thereafter to check everything is OK.

Only as I understand of course.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
image.jpeg

One of my dirty fokker's

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Talking of aircraft geekery - and by way of contrast to the OP's wonderful images of the dear old Spitfire: some impressive footage on YouTube of the rare F22 'Raptor' passing through the CadWest 'Mach Loop' in North Wales. No margin for error.

https://youtu.be/oCF1trDfN0A

There's also links to footage of various other fast jets but I quite like the Hercules showing them how it's done. Respect :thumbsup:

Clearly there are some seriously committed geeks willing to camp out on the mountainsides in the hope of gaining a few brief images.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
A Kawasaki P-1. Japanese Maritime patrol aircraft.
There were two at the RIAT show last year at RAF Fairford. V Nice.

You are right and it was taken by me at RIAT last year. Got my tickets for Friday and Saturday this year looking forward to seeing the F-35! (I really am a geek!)

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
ou are right and it was taken by me at RIAT last year. Got my tickets for Friday and Saturday this year looking forward to seeing the F-35! (I really am a geek!)

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I have stayed at the pheasant Inn in Hungerford last couple of years!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here