Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - Pub Talk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
In my local in Caterham last night while I was enjoying lots of Palace baiting, much talk about Lewis signing for the Palace and questions about how good is he and would he be worth in the region of £8 million.

I know it's only pub talk and has been mentioned in the Croydon Advertiser, no smoke without fire (quite appropriate for the Palace)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is usually smoke without any fire whatsoever when it comes to summer transfer guessing games.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well if it were any other Prem side apart from Palace I'd tell them how flattered I was that they're yearning to sign one of our players, and I expect Dunk would be pleased at the interest, as he's not guaranteed a start here.

Dec 29, 2011
If the club offer him a new contract he will stay.

TB

Another one? We can't keep offering him a new contract every year when there's a bit of interest around him. If he wants to go so badly, just let him go. We'd get a decent amount of money for him seeing as he's young and English. We really could sell him for £6m and replace him for £2m with a 29-year old defender who's in his prime. All we need is a solid defender who will last 3 years to see us to the Premier League, after that it doesn't really matter who we have as we'll probably have to replace them anyway.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well if it were any other Prem side apart from Palace I'd tell them how flattered I was that they're yearning to sign one of our players, and I expect Dunk would be pleased at the interest, as he's not guaranteed a start here.
Dunk and Goldson are guaranteed a start, they are the best centre half partnership we have had for many years.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Really? Who would start in his place?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It looks like it will be 2 from 3 being Dunk Goldson and Hunemier with Hunemier being the one on the bench unless we bring in another CB.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Another one? We can't keep offering him a new contract every year when there's a bit of interest around him. If he wants to go so badly, just let him go. We'd get a decent amount of money for him seeing as he's young and English. We really could sell him for £6m and replace him for £2m with a 29-year old defender who's in his prime. All we need is a solid defender who will last 3 years to see us to the Premier League, after that it doesn't really matter who we have as we'll probably have to replace them anyway.

Is there any evidence that that is the case? Does he want to go 'so badly'...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here