Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham to play at Wembley (2016/17) Champions League

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Tottenham have signed a contract with Wembley Stadium to play all their home Champions League games at the stadium next season.

This is due to a Eufa directive regarding stadium capacity for Champions League contenders.

Tottenham are expected to play their home league and cup games at Wembley in the 2017/18 season.

Spurs are having a new £400m stadium built next to their existing White Hart Lane ground.

The new development is due to be completed in time for the 2018-19 season.

Sky News.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Torn about this massively.

Last season at the old WHL so it would have been a nice and unexpected send off, however means more fans can go and watch Mason be destroyed by Messi plus the players get used to the season after when we are there all season

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Went to Arsenal v Dinamo.Kiev at Wembley in the late 90s, Crap atmosphere. Not helped.by me and. another 10,000 tourist fans who didn't.give a shit about who won.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Another reason for Wembley to lose its magic. Fa cup semi-finals, Fa trophy finals, East Halifax mid-week cup. It seems anyone can get a game at Wembley these days. (Yes, except us, I know!) It's all about the money and the Wembley 'Dream' is gone forever.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Another reason for Wembley to lose its magic. Fa cup semi-finals, Fa trophy finals, East Halifax mid-week cup. It seems anyone can get a game at Wembley these days. (Yes, except us, I know!) It's all about the money and the Wembley 'Dream' is gone forever.

The 'magic' of Wembley really is ancient history now.

It is horrendous, and I would be happy never to have to go there again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is due to a Eufa directive regarding stadium capacity for Champions League contenders.

Really? Or more the FA begging them as they need the rental income? If UEFA can hold the Europa final in a telephone box you can certainly play CL games at WHL

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Never heard of this before - many smaller grounds must have hosted CL football in the past ???

I think it has something to do with the away fans and the safety due to the works - they have ripped out a few blocks of seats for the work on the stadium

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think it has something to do with the away fans and the safety due to the works - they have ripped out a few blocks of seats for the work on the stadium

Ok - if it's due to the works that would make sense.
Shame the shite Sky News article forgot to mention that bit although them not being able to spell UEFA should have been a giveaway.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ok - if it's due to the works that would make sense.
Shame the shite Sky News article forgot to mention that bit although them not being able to spell UEFA should have been a giveaway.

The whole area is a mess (more so than just being Tottenham) at the moment - the works inside the ground are quite in depth which is reducing the capacity

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will only be for 3 games, so why all the fuss?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I guess all away fans have to be out of ear shot of that awful Kane song?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here