Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City fail to sell out their Play off final ticket allocation

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...ment-championship-play-off-final-3128726.aspx

“With ticket sales for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final having now ceased, it has been confirmed that a number of tickets from Hull City’s allocation have remained unsold meaning that there will be empty spaces in the crowd.

“As with previous matches at Wembley, it isn’t always possible to make all of one club’s unsold tickets available to fans of their opponent, as the stadium’s safety certificate requires supporters to be separated at the turnstiles and on the concourses, as well as in the stadium bowl itself.

“Throughout the week, the League, Hull City and Wembley Stadium have explored all options in order to make some additional tickets available to Sheffield Wednesday supporters. As a result, a number of tickets were provided to Wednesday fans through a ballot organised by the club.”

I know they've had a FA Cup final appearance recently but to not sell out your allocation for Wembley in a play off final is embarrassing, particularly that it's for promotion to the top flight. Massive obviously could've sold out Wembley 400 times over with their fan base!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure we should be casting stones on this one. We didn't even sell out for our play-off semi final.

Agreed - although if it wasn't for being 2-0 down we would have done - and it was only a couple of hundred tickets unsold...

Agreed - although if it wasn't for being 2-0 down we would have done - and it was only a couple of hundred tickets unsold...

Not one to dis our support. But it was closer to a couple of thousand unsold. And rewinding we also failed to sell out home play off leg to Derby and even 2nd leg verses palace despite being level after leg 1.

We also failed to sell out our Wembley allocation in 92

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Why oh why oh why is this there this obsession with not selling out? The simple truth is there are more seats available than people who want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wish we'd had the opportunity to fail to sell out at Wembley.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Soon after our failure to progress to Wembley, a friend sent me details of ticket prices for the Final. They were disgustingly over-priced, and to get anything decent would have cost £76 a ticket.

So, over £300 for a family of four, before all other costs are added in.

These prices annoyed me immensely. I would, through gritted teeth, have paid them if we had got to Wembley, but maybe what we are seeing is a refusal by some people to do so.

And who can blame them? The Wembley 'experience' is horrible, all the bad things about modern football in one hideously expensive package. Maybe a family holiday this summer seemed more desirable?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Soon after our failure to progress to Wembley, a friend sent me details of ticket prices for the Final. They were disgustingly over-priced, and to get anything decent would have cost £76 a ticket.

These prices annoyed me immensely. I would, through gritted teeth, have paid them if we had got to Wembley, but maybe what we are seeing is a refusal by some people to do so.

And who can blame them? The Wembley 'experience' is horrible, all the bad things about modern football in one hideously expensive package. Maybe a family holiday this summer seemed more desirable?

Exactly this. I remember looking at the prices and thinking they were a total piss take.

This is a match where one club is walking into the Premiership and the £200million they are going to generate and the play in the premiership where away fans seats are capped at £30 and they are looking to charge you £78+ to watch the game. Total piss taking *******s.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Agreed. Prices for the championship final are very high. Hull have also visited Wembley a few times in recent years too. So it's not quite the big day out for them that it is for Wednesday and would have been for us.

I'm sure those that have got tickets will enjoy their day though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not one to dis our support. But it was closer to a couple of thousand unsold. And rewinding we also failed to sell out home play off leg to Derby and even 2nd leg verses palace despite being level after leg 1.

We also failed to sell out our Wembley allocation in 92

Try 3,000
Ah ok didn't see my that many. If anything it shows we have loyal fans who turn up most weeks and not bandwagon jumpers - that's a positive...

Although worth remembering the Amex was extended by 9,000 after season 1 there. Not every club is going to sell out if their stadium is large regardless of game...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Well ultimately a) who on here gives a shit about the Hull support? B) who on here gives a shit about the Sheffield Wednesday support? c)who on here gives a shit about the total Wembley attendance?

A well considered articulately expressed series of statements with which I wholeheartedly concurr!!!

Why oh why oh why is this there this obsession with not selling out? The simple truth is there are more seats available than people who want to go.

There are threads on here too I have no interest in (cycling one, what you listening to one) and due to the title of the thread they are easily avoided.

The title of this thread should have made it an easy swerve for you too. There are after all another 324k+ threads on here that you may be more enamoured with.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
There are threads on here too I have no interest in (cycling one, what you listening to one) and due to the title of the thread they are easily avoided.

The title of this thread should have made it an easy swerve for you too. There are after all another 324k+ threads on here that you may be more enamoured with.

Top tip. Thank you.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sad to read on the Hull City forums how despondent they are over the owner and changes. Some of them don't want to win today as they fear the owner won't sell the club if they go up. They seem to have lost a number of fans this season who have turned their back on the owner and are not bothering with Wembley. A number of fans have had to be moved to new seats and received letters from Ticketmaster with their new tickets saying Dear Hull City Tigers Fan! Wednesday fans have driven to the KC to get tickets in the their end. Quite a bit of doom and gloom. Let hope their team is more upbeat.

Christ, I can see the ****ing Wendy's doing this!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here