Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development squad contract status update (it's incomplete, but better than nothing)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
More than a month ago the club made decisions on the retain/release status of the development squad players whose contracts expire this summer.

Despite this, we have yet to see any official communication from the club.

However, we have the trusty local newspaper (the Argus) who are all over it and keeping the fans inform....

Well, thankfully this information eventually makes its way into the public domain, and the FA has recently published its Player Registration document for April.

Tom Dallison and Rob Hunt have signed contract extensions with the club. Joe Ward has also earned a one-year contract extension.

Robin Deen has been released by the club.

That's all I got. What a pity this info has to be brought to light by some dude living 5,000 miles away in Arizona, rather than coming from the club itself....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That's all I got. What a pity this info has to be brought to light by some dude living 5,000 miles away in Arizona, rather than coming from the club itself....

The club are too busy tweeting us that Skilak won Porsche Performance of the Month :facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They couldnt be bothered to organise a friendly as part of the pre season training abroad so it's no surprise, this together lark seems to be drifting

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More than a month ago the club made decisions on the retain/release status of the development squad players whose contracts expire this summer.

Despite this, we have yet to see any official communication from the club.

However, we have the trusty local newspaper (the Argus) who are all over it and keeping the fans inform....

Well, thankfully this information eventually makes its way into the public domain, and the FA has recently published its Player Registration document for April.

Tom Dallison and Rob Hunt have signed contract extensions with the club. Joe Ward has also earned a one-year contract extension.

Robin Deen has been released by the club.

Tom Cadman tweeted he'd signed some sort of new deal about a week ago.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tom Cadman tweeted he'd signed some sort of new deal about a week ago.

He was a scholar in 2015-16 - my post is about the players in the development squad who already had professional contracts that expire this summer.

But you are right. In fact, 7 out of 8 of that scholar year have now become professionals (at some point over the last 12 months):- Tom Cadman, George Cox, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Robert Sanchez, James Tilley, Bailey Vose and Ben White. The only one to miss out is Remi Meyers , who was released at the beginning of March.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He was a scholar in 2015-16 - my post is about the players in the development squad who already had professional contracts that expire this summer.

But you are right. In fact, 7 out of 8 of that scholar year have now become professionals (at some point over the last 12 months):- Tom Cadman, George Cox, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Robert Sanchez, James Tilley, Bailey Vose and Ben White. The only one to miss out is Remi Meyers , who was released at the beginning of March.
Two goalkeepers there signing professional terms, I imagine that'll mean one of Doherty and Smith or maybe both will be let go.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Two goalkeepers there signing professional terms, I imagine that'll mean one of Doherty and Smith or maybe both will be let go.

Doherty's already gone.

[tweet]728927956551258112[/tweet]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hallelujah!

The Argus has finally decided to report which development squad players are being retained/released (and only 4 days after half the information appeared on here). They confirm that Dallison has signed for two years, and Hunt and Ward have signed for a further year. Jesse Starkey has been offered a 12-month deal.

Goalkeepers Josh "head-mental" Smith and Harry Doherty have been released, along with Ragnar "Icelandic wunderkid" Mar Larusson, Robin Deen, Daniel Akindayini and Chike Kandi.

But still no mention of Glen Rea, who appears to have been air-brushed out of existence by the club and local media.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where does this leave us in terms of recruitment needed for the Dev Squad ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
But still no mention of Glen Rea, who appears to have been air-brushed out of existence by the club and local media.

Could that be because we have offered a contract, but he is considering his options? The language being used by John Morling is Dallison and Hunt pushing for first team football, have they gone past Rea in the pecking order?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hallelujah!

The Argus has finally decided to report which development squad players are being retained/released (and only 4 days after half the information appeared on here). They confirm that Dallison has signed for two years, and Hunt and Ward have signed for a further year. Jesse Starkey has been offered a 12-month deal.

Goalkeepers Josh "head-mental" Smith and Harry Doherty have been released, along with Ragnar "Icelandic wunderkid" Mar Larusson, Robin Deen, Daniel Akindayini and Chike Kandi.

Delighted we've signed Dallison for two years, hopefully Greer's replacement.

Kandi was just too injury prone, but does have ability.

Starkey always looks good on the ball, but is limited in other ways, so I am surprised he's been offered another 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which youth players have moved up into the Dev Squad ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is going on with Walton?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What happened to that other Icelandic bloke? Who was injured for most of last season? Could be quite an exciting transfer window as we need to get quality youngsters in to Supplement the seniors now that we can't get any emergency loans in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here