Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be honest, I change my mind on a daily basis. The main thing that I am struggling with is the quality of argument being put forward, it just feels so negative.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Tough question, I'm out but will be voting in.

Let me explain. I will be 62 this year and won't live to see the long term impact of the decision either way, but my kids will. They are both strong in supporters who believe that the countries, and their future would be much better in.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No my decision was made long before they offered a referendum and tbf neither side in my opinion has campaigned well and I'm not in the least bit surprised that confusion reigns!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My general concern about this referendum is it was too big a decision for a public who on the whole will not have the correct level of information to make the right decision. However having witnessed the level of absurdity around the arguments being put forward it seems the politicians do not have a clue either.

If I am honest I am very nervous about this referendum it feels rushed and we do not appear to have surfaced or debated the merits either way in a sensible or logical fashion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At 73 years old it wont affect me greatly but I am still waiting for somebody to give any definitive undeniable information about how either in or out will actually affect the average man at home. One says if out pensions will dry up and the opposition say that is rubbish they will dry up if we stay in, so where do you go.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Given once we are 'out' we can't go back, I think it's up to the leave campaign to come up with a compelling case to leave. I don't think they have done this

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Apart from Boris and Nigel I don't think any of the talking heads get their message across well and don't engage with me. Like many others I am still waiting for information that I believe accurately reflects how I will be affected if we stay or go.

I started as a don't know and am still a don't know.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't find any of them to be even remotely impressive, inspiring or convincing.

Honestly, I've done my best to switch off from the whole campaign side of things since it became clear that both seem more intent on showing the others to be liars (despite no way to know either way), rather than juat focussing on why their chosen 'side' is the way to go.

Edit; Probably goes without saying but I've not changed my mind from my initial inclination, though I'm not closed minded enough to say it'll never happen if someone can make a good enough case.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
First I was out, then I was in and now I'm undecided.

I'm sick of all the reports being poo-pooed by the poo-pooers. I'm starting to think it should be adjourned until all the facts and figures are confirmed either way in order for the electorate to make a decision based on fact and not guesswork.

Currently I am going to spoil my paper.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's great to do this to a Lord Bracknell poll:

Where's the option for 'no impact at all - I've given is absolutely no thought whatsoever yet nor read nor listened to any of the debate about it?'

In the absence of that, I've gone for: Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I live in Spain and was fairly sure that IN was best for me but more importantly my children. The OUT campaign have done nothing to change my mind and in fact I have already voted by post.
The thing is I know what we have now so when Boris and Nigel tell me it will be better if we leave, well sorry, I don’t believe them. How can they possibly know?
This was always about the Tory party. Dave had to promise a referendum to get elected. Boris weighed things up and decided what was best for him would be to vote OUT knowing that he couldn’t lose. Either way Dave will be finished and Boris will be frontrunner for Tory party leadership.
Nigel is Nigel. I couldn’t vote for a Nigel to save my life!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tough question, I'm out but will be voting in.

Let me explain. I will be 62 this year and won't live to see the long term impact of the decision either way, but my kids will. They are both strong in supporters who believe that the countries, and their future would be much better in.

I like this post on a number of levels. Well done on you for listening to your kids and their future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I decided my vote long ago. Both campaigns are pathetic scaremongering.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I live in Spain and was fairly sure that IN was best for me but more importantly my children. The OUT campaign have done nothing to change my mind and in fact I have already voted by post.
The thing is I know what we have now so when Boris and Nigel tell me it will be better if we leave, well sorry, I don’t believe them. How can they possibly know?
This was always about the Tory party. Dave had to promise a referendum to get elected. Boris weighed things up and decided what was best for him would be to vote OUT knowing that he couldn’t lose. Either way Dave will be finished and Boris will be frontrunner for Tory party leadership.
Nigel is Nigel. I couldn’t vote for a Nigel to save my life!

Boris Johnson is unlikely to be a Tory leader anytime soon. Especially if 'stay' wins.

Gideon has that sown up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here