Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup quarter finals

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No more re-plays for quarter final cup games,from next season.
FA says "it will add excitement, and ease fixture congestion.

More tradition down the Swanee, it's not really very special anymore, is it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
More excellent work from the FA, England players will now be well-rested and so guaranteed to win the next World Cup.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
First the final, then the semis, then the quarters. Surprised it took this long.................replays in the earlier rounds are the difference between balancing the books or not for lower league and non-league clubs. They'll be next.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It all went down hill when they stopped allowing the cup holders a bye to the final.

Bring back goal average and one match day substitute as well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
More excellent work from the FA, England players will now be well-rested and so guaranteed to win the next World Cup.

All cup replays have to go first, plus the league cup having 2-legged semi-finals and the final being moved to midweek, then a mid-winter break in January so all the Premier League clubs can go off and make money playing lots of friendlies in The Middle East, Far East and North America etc during the break - then and only then, will England be able to be guaranteed to win the world cup.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They could bring back the glamour of the FA Cup quite easily if they wanted to.

• Semi-finals in neutral non-Wembley grounds
  • The final to be played at 3pm. No exceptions.
  • Bring back replays (but perhaps limit to one or two)
  • A nominated cheeky chappy from the winning side to be photographed with the FA Cup lid on his head. Skalak would clearly be the Albion nominee
  • Make sure it's always the last game of the season (do they do this already? I know it's true this year but I can't recall it being so otherwise recently)
  • Insist that finalists release a cup-final single or the opposition get a goal advantage
  • All day coverage on BBC
  • A ceiling for ticket prices
  • Erase the Pardew shuffle from the face of history
  • ...and controversially, the FA Cup winner gets the 4th spot in the Champions League. That will stop sides from fielding weakened teams.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The FA Cup has now become little more than a poor man's Strictly Come Dancing.

It is no longer the prize to be coveted, it is the Cup of Desperation, a last resort for a big club to salvage something from a sorry season of under-performing in the Prem / Champions League, a mere distraction from a club teetering on the brink of relegation or a chance for a name manager to hang onto his job.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

• A nominated cheeky chappy from the winning side to be photographed with the FA Cup lid on his head. Skalak would clearly be the Albion nominee
  • Make sure it's always the last game of the season (do they do this already? I know it's true this year but I can't recall it being so otherwise recently)
  • Insist that finalists release a cup-final single or the opposition get a goal advantage
  • ...and controversially, the FA Cup winner gets the 4th spot in the Champions League. That will stop sides from fielding weakened teams.

And give a far far greater percentage of tickets to fans of the participating clubs. As the cricket had finished early last Saturday I ended up watching the final, and it was a good 10 minutes before all the Corporate seats were occupied again when the second half started.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Can't disagree with much of that

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
they could bring back the glamour of the fa cup quite easily if they wanted to.

• semi-finals in neutral non-wembley grounds yes
  • the final to be played at 3pm. No exceptions. yes
  • bring back replays (but perhaps limit to one or two) no
  • a nominated cheeky chappy from the winning side to be photographed with the fa cup lid on his head. Skalak would clearly be the albion nominee yes !
  • make sure it's always the last game of the season (do they do this already? I know it's true this year but i can't recall it being so otherwise recently) yes
  • insist that finalists release a cup-final single or the opposition get a goal advantage yes !
  • all day coverage on bbc yes
  • a ceiling for ticket prices yes
  • erase the pardew shuffle from the face of history no !
  • ...and controversially, the fa cup winner gets the 4th spot in the champions league. That will stop sides from fielding weakened teams.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

• Semi-finals in neutral non-Wembley grounds YES
  • The final to be played at 3pm. No exceptions. YES
  • Bring back replays (but perhaps limit to one or two) NO
  • A nominated cheeky chappy from the winning side to be photographed with the FA Cup lid on his head. Skalak would clearly be the Albion nominee YES !
  • Make sure it's always the last game of the season (do they do this already? I know it's true this year but I can't recall it being so otherwise recently) YES
  • Insist that finalists release a cup-final single or the opposition get a goal advantage YES !
  • All day coverage on BBC YES
  • A ceiling for ticket prices YES
  • Erase the Pardew shuffle from the face of history NO !
  • ...and controversially, the FA Cup winner gets the 4th spot in the Champions League. That will stop sides from fielding weakened teams.ABSO BLOODY LUTELY

But they know best...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here