Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce Springsteen in Manchester.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Went last time he came to Manchester but gave it a miss this time as I'm seeing ACDC and then the Stone Roses in the next three weeks. Traffic in Manchester last night was a nightmare. I expect lots of those attending were late.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Santa was in Manchester!

Absolutely brilliant again.

How he does it at 65 I don't know. Another 3+ hours of brilliance.

To those wondering what the fuss is about - I was like that a few years back - see him live, then see what you think. Amazing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To those wondering what the fuss is about - I was like that a few years back - see him live, then see what you think. Amazing.

Couldn't agree more - I've seen plenty of bands/artists live and there is NOTHING to match the whole experience of the Boss and the Band in full glorious flow.

As cliche as it may be, I really don't think they make 'em like that anymore and it will be a sad day when they eventually decide to stop.

Santa was in Manchester!

Late nineties/early noughties I think saw him for my one and only time at Earl's Court. Although a fan of his records I did approach the gig with something of a "go on, impress me" view. I think your post sums it up neatly - mind duly blown, and got to see Clarence as well!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
First saw him at the Brighton Centre, amazing doesn't even cover it...! No other gig came close to a Springsteen concert.

Then we saw him in Frankfurt, Paris and London over the years and we have tickets for this tour as well. Can't wait!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Late nineties/early noughties I think saw him for my one and only time at Earl's Court. Although a fan of his records I did approach the gig with something of a "go on, impress me" view. I think your post sums it up neatly - mind duly blown, and got to see Clarence as well!

My one Springsteen-related regret is that I never got to see Clarence. :down:

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I was lucky enough to attend both of Springsteen's 2 consecutives nights at The Brighton Centre in May 1981. They were probably the two greatest gigs in the history of the universe. He even emulated my all time hero, Jackson Browne.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Santa was in Manchester!

Saw him at Glastonbury a few years ago perform one of the most boring, self-indulgent sets ever. Never again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Saw him at Glastonbury a few years ago perform one of the most boring, self-indulgent sets ever. Never again.

I was there and I also just didn't get him at all. I gave up after about 20-30 minutes and staggered off to find The Wonderstuff playing in a tent which was much more my thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here