Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Junior doctors strike was all about money.....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Leak reveals junior doctors' plot to 'draw out' contract dispute for 18 months and 'tie government in knots'

Doctors’ leaders aimed to drag out a bitter dispute over a new contract for 18 months and admitted pay is “the only real red line,” leaked messages reveal.

The secret strategy is revealed in more than 1000 pages of leaked Whatsapp messages - just weeks before 40,000 junior doctors vote on a deal which has just been agreed between the British Medical Association (BMA) and Government.

The correspondence, between members of the union’s Junior Doctors Committee, over the past six months discloses secret tactics which are at odds with the public messages being conveyed.

Despite repeated public protestations that safety, not pay, was the chief concern about proposed changes, a member the committee described pay as ““the only real red line” for junior doctors.

The messages show that while the union was claiming it wanted enter talks with Government, its committee chairman was privately suggesting that delaying tactics, and a string of strikes, could be the “best solution” to the dispute

http://www.hsj.co.uk/topics/workfor...ut-junior-doctors-dispute/7005113.fullarticle

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Half MPs wages and give it to doctors.
There you go, I've sorted this half ****ing shitstorm in 3 seconds.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Half MPs wages and give it to doctors.
There you go, I've sorted this half ****ing shitstorm in 3 seconds.

Whole*
And yes I have!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Published by Top Right Group which is apparently owned by The Grauniad. That surprised me . . . . .

There is usually a 'bottom line' in these things, and there is usually a 'money' bottom line in the mix, even if there are other issues.

Nevertheless, I'm reminded of a story about Groucho Marx:

GM: "will you sleep with me?"
Woman: "Certainly not"
GM: "Will you sleep with me for a million dollars"
Woman: "Possibly"
GM: "Will you sleep with me for ten dollars"
Woman: "Certainly not. What do you think I am?"
GM: "Madam, we have established what you are. Now we are haggling over the price"

I paraphrase . . .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Leak reveals junior doctors' plot to 'draw out' contract dispute for 18 months and 'tie government in knots'

Doctors’ leaders aimed to drag out a bitter dispute over a new contract for 18 months and admitted pay is “the only real red line,” leaked messages reveal.

The secret strategy is revealed in more than 1000 pages of leaked Whatsapp messages - just weeks before 40,000 junior doctors vote on a deal which has just been agreed between the British Medical Association (BMA) and Government.

The correspondence, between members of the union’s Junior Doctors Committee, over the past six months discloses secret tactics which are at odds with the public messages being conveyed.

Despite repeated public protestations that safety, not pay, was the chief concern about proposed changes, a member the committee described pay as ““the only real red line” for junior doctors.

The messages show that while the union was claiming it wanted enter talks with Government, its committee chairman was privately suggesting that delaying tactics, and a string of strikes, could be the “best solution” to the dispute

http://www.hsj.co.uk/topics/workfor...ut-junior-doctors-dispute/7005113.fullarticle

So why did you not include the response from the BMA in your post which was

Responding to the publication of the messages on Thursday, the BMA said the conversations date back over six months and “reflect the anger and frustration felt by junior doctors across the country due to the government’s refusal to listen to their concerns”.

A spokeswoman added: “Private discussions should not be mistaken for the agreed strategy of the BMA junior doctors committee, which was communicated publicly.

“It is less what was said during the heightened atmosphere of the biggest dispute between junior doctors and the government for 40 years that matters. What’s important is what was done in order to reach a negotiated agreement and ensure that the long-term interests of patients and the NHS are protected.”

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
711cb2028067e0bebcc6012c6f4e8706.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If this is true. It's both outrageous and saddening.

I have been saying it for months. Already well paid compared to the average UK worker, but unwilling to work as hard as a normal worker. Selfish toxxers the lot of 'em.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Would be naive to think otherwise. Many of them took that career option for the money, and they make some serious money working weird shifts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here