Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We Now LUMBERED With Hemed And Baldock Up Front Next Season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't see any UK club south of the border cherry-picking either of them. One's not very mobile, one's not very brave. Both are so-so.

How do we now progress to The Promised Land with those two still on the books as the partnership of choice up front?

I'd sadly suggest we can't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very harsh, with a couple of quality additions they are both more than good enough for the squad and both bring different options. Have we not been amazingly successful when both played together?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very harsh, with a couple of quality additions they are both more than good enough for the squad and both bring different options. Have we not been amazingly successful when both played together?

Never REALLY looked like a convincing partnership up front tho eh?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They've had excellent service this season. As others have said, they're going to leave us light on goals.

This is the same team who scored more goals than Boro, and ended on 89 points? As I said on another thread, some Brighton fans really do like whinging.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are lumbered with COG not those two. During our bad period Dec to early Jan they received very little service but when that improved so did they hence we finished up top goalscorers in the division

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh hang on, I get it. This thread is to deter any people from other clubs lurking around here to see who we think are worth snaffling away, so we try to make out we don't like these two. Well played THPP.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see any UK club south of the border cherry-picking either of them. One's not very mobile, one's not very brave. Both are so-so.

How do we now progress to The Promised Land with those two still on the books as the partnership of choice up front?

I'd sadly suggest we can't.
Even if that's fishing, it's not a great comment, I suggest :nono:

Hemed and Baldock are perfectly good enough as 2 of our 4 strikers.

It's the 2 recruits we sign up which we need to be more interested in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is the same team who scored more goals than Boro, and ended on 89 points? As I said on another thread, some Brighton fans really do like whinging.

Same as you, I just want us to be the best that we can be. And that goal tally had very little to do with the Hemed Baldock partnership. It's a partnership that won't do us any favours at all next season IMHO.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Lumbered with Hemed? Lumbered? The man who scored 16 goals this season (more than Ulloa ever did)? What a load of nonsense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same as you, I just want us to be the best that we can be. And that goal tally had very little to do with the Hemed Baldock partnership. It's a partnership that won't do us any favours at all next season IMHO.

I'll agree to disagree. We do need two more strikers as Blue Valkyrie has said to replace Bobster and Wilson.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Interesting one. I cannot knock Hemed he has scored 17 goals. Baldock has great movement. I would not personally ship either on. Just add 2 more good strikers who will add genuine competition all season long.
Hemed was joint top scorer over the 2nd half of the season when you add in Knockaert and Jiri delivering service to him. i believe he scored 12. Personally i think he would score 20 plus with them both playing week in week out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has he ever looked HALF the part that Ulloa did? Will there be a single club at this level or above clamouring for his services close season? I think not.

You don't have to look the part if you can score 16 goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here