Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sami Hyypia

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBenno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice fella, But quite simply the worst football manager of all time.

I wonder in fact, if statistically he is the worst Football manager of all time?!
    Not really, he began the season at Bayer Leverkeusen rather well, but got sacked after a string of poor results in early 2014. He was managing a top flight German team after all, Bloom was possibly hoping to bring in a young manager who had experience in a top flight league in a high ranking team that could motivate Brighton after Garcia's resignation. Unfortunately Hyypiä simply wasn't experienced enough in his coaching or how to organise us, and a string of bad results can really hamper a teams ability to perform. Hyypiä should really stick to more time coaching then manage a second or third tier side, the championship is arguably better than many other European top flight leagues, so it might have done him better if he entered English football from League 1.
    For Sussex will be Sussex,
    And Sussex won't be druv!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      There's a vacancy at Leeds isn't there...
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

0 Not allowed!
      The lad's had a disappointing couple of years.
      "Still a long way short of a batting bonus point "
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SUIYHP View Post
      Not really, he began the season at Bayer Leverkeusen rather well, but got sacked after a string of poor results in early 2014. He was managing a top flight German team after all, Bloom was possibly hoping to bring in a young manager who had experience in a top flight league in a high ranking team that could motivate Brighton after Garcia's resignation. Unfortunately Hyypiä simply wasn't experienced enough in his coaching or how to organise us, and a string of bad results can really hamper a teams ability to perform. Hyypiä should really stick to more time coaching then manage a second or third tier side, the championship is arguably better than many other European top flight leagues, so it might have done him better if he entered English football from League 1.
      Surely, a team's inability to perform leads to a string of bad results?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SUIYHP View Post
      Not really, he began the season at Bayer Leverkeusen rather well, but got sacked after a string of poor results in early 2014.
      I thought the common conception was that it all went downhill once his assistant walked?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      So bad at managing that he's caused a riot. Impressive.
      https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/highli...ter-relegation

Poor Sami.
      I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Its quite impressive how he consistently manages to take on a previously successful team, and turn things around so rapidly.

I think he'd get Celtic relegated.
      As Peter Cook said about Graham Taylor "when you see what that man had at his disposal, and to get those results from those players, you have to realise you are dealing with someone..... unusual!."

3 Not allowed!
      I have to get it off my chest at least one more time.

Sami was by far the worst football manager I have ever observed. I cannot understand how Bloom and Barber appointed him - the opposite of due diligence.

The ludicrous full backs playing as wingers formation was one thing. But his complete inability to even engage momentarily with the match he was meant to be "managing" was unbelievable.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      I have to get it off my chest at least one more time.

Sami was by far the worst football manager I have ever observed. I cannot understand how Bloom and Barber appointed him - the opposite of due diligence.

The ludicrous full backs playing as wingers formation was one thing. But his complete inability to even engage momentarily with the match he was meant to be "managing" was unbelievable.
      But to get another gig after the Albion! That's shocking really
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      After two passionate Latinos (both of whom went with swipes toward the club and how it was setup) you can understand that the board maybe wanted a calmer more malleable individual who would accept the role Burke was playing.

After 6 months Sami was man enough to walk and the setup changed and Hughton arrived having been turned down/ignored that previous summer
      Dislike list

Temporary - East, Dyche, Barton, Boro
      Permanent - Dean, Challis, Moreton, Pardew, Bellotti, Stanley, Archer