Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Not seen this posted yet.

FC Zurich relegated for the first time since 1990. Two weeks after relieving Sami Hyypia of his duties.

Does anyone else get the impression he's not cut out for football management?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
To be honest, even if he wanted to still be a manager I doubt anywhere above Sunday league would hire him now.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Didn't we have a Zurich fan on here when Sami first joined them asking us what to expect.

Would be nice if he was still lurking to tell us what happened.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its quite impressive how he consistently manages to take on a previously successful team, and turn things around so rapidly.

I think he'd get Celtic relegated.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Nice fella, But quite simply the worst football manager of all time.

I wonder in fact, if statistically he is the worst Football manager of all time?!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Nice fella, But quite simply the worst football manager of all time.

I wonder in fact, if statistically he is the worst Football manager of all time?!

Not really, he began the season at Bayer Leverkeusen rather well, but got sacked after a string of poor results in early 2014. He was managing a top flight German team after all, Bloom was possibly hoping to bring in a young manager who had experience in a top flight league in a high ranking team that could motivate Brighton after Garcia's resignation. Unfortunately Hyypiä simply wasn't experienced enough in his coaching or how to organise us, and a string of bad results can really hamper a teams ability to perform. Hyypiä should really stick to more time coaching then manage a second or third tier side, the championship is arguably better than many other European top flight leagues, so it might have done him better if he entered English football from League 1.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The lad's had a disappointing couple of years.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Not really, he began the season at Bayer Leverkeusen rather well, but got sacked after a string of poor results in early 2014. He was managing a top flight German team after all, Bloom was possibly hoping to bring in a young manager who had experience in a top flight league in a high ranking team that could motivate Brighton after Garcia's resignation. Unfortunately Hyypiä simply wasn't experienced enough in his coaching or how to organise us, and a string of bad results can really hamper a teams ability to perform. Hyypiä should really stick to more time coaching then manage a second or third tier side, the championship is arguably better than many other European top flight leagues, so it might have done him better if he entered English football from League 1.

Surely, a team's inability to perform leads to a string of bad results?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Its quite impressive how he consistently manages to take on a previously successful team, and turn things around so rapidly.

I think he'd get Celtic relegated.

As Peter Cook said about Graham Taylor "when you see what that man had at his disposal, and to get those results from those players, you have to realise you are dealing with someone..... unusual!."

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have to get it off my chest at least one more time.

Sami was by far the worst football manager I have ever observed. I cannot understand how Bloom and Barber appointed him - the opposite of due diligence.

The ludicrous full backs playing as wingers formation was one thing. But his complete inability to even engage momentarily with the match he was meant to be "managing" was unbelievable.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I have to get it off my chest at least one more time.

Sami was by far the worst football manager I have ever observed. I cannot understand how Bloom and Barber appointed him - the opposite of due diligence.

The ludicrous full backs playing as wingers formation was one thing. But his complete inability to even engage momentarily with the match he was meant to be "managing" was unbelievable.

But to get another gig after the Albion! That's shocking really

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
After two passionate Latinos (both of whom went with swipes toward the club and how it was setup) you can understand that the board maybe wanted a calmer more malleable individual who would accept the role Burke was playing.

After 6 months Sami was man enough to walk and the setup changed and Hughton arrived having been turned down/ignored that previous summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here