Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
New series of Top gear starting this Sunday 8PM BBC2. Be interested to see how the show is with the new presenters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07dwp1f

In the first show of the new series, Chris Evans takes the Dodge Viper ACR to the home of Top Gun in Nevada, to battle Sabine Schmitz in a Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Matt LeBlanc tackles wildest Morocco in Somerset's finest off-roader, the Ariel Nomad. Back on British soil, Evans and LeBlanc take a rather soggy road trip to Blackpool in a pair of roofless Reliant three-wheelers, whereupon they are tasked with defending the honour of their nations in a series of gruelling UK-versus-USA challenges. Back in the studio, this week's celebrity guests are Social Network star Jesse Eisenberg and Gordon Ramsey

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:yawn:

But then I wasn't a massive fan of the old programme and I doubt they've changed the format THAT much.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can't be any worse than the last lot.

I used to avoid whatever Radio or TV show that Chris Evans was on but have been listening to Radio 2 recently and he has grown up!
Quite like him these days.

I will give him a chance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm guessing large swathes will already have made up their minds to despise this. I'll give it a go though. It won't really be Top Gear any more, its just a new motoring show under the same name, much the same as the complete overhaul/revamp they did with it from the Tiff Needel days.

Should be ok if it doesn't take itself too seriously.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'll give it a go.

What i'm not looking forward to are the swathes of social media posts about how 'IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME'

Of course it won't be the same, if you want the same - go and watch JC etc on Amazon, it's not like they've gone away for good is it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite looking forward to it. I stopped watching the old Clarkson/Hammond/May version as it started getting just a bit stupid, tired and samey.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Quite looking forward to it. I stopped watching the old Clarkson/Hammond/May version as it started getting just a bit stupid, tired and samey.

Based on the snippit in the OP – and other things I've heard from people who were involved – it sounds like it's going to carry on where it left off, only with more presenters...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'm more looking forward to the Amazon version of TG, it GT as they've been calling it on Twatter. Wonder if it's included with Prime?

Phil Keen as the Stig ???

confirmed it will be http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ow-the-grand-tour_uk_57331c84e4b05c31e572ec47

‘The Grand Tour’ will launch in autumn 2016 exclusively for Amazon Prime members and the new travelling format means Amazon customers around the world will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through prize draws this summer. Details of the location schedule and information on how to apply for tickets will be announced shortly.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Quite looking forward to it. ....the old Clarkson/Hammond/May version was getting just a bit stupid, tired and samey.

Agreed. The last series or so was just tedious scripted mugging for the camera.

It can't be any worse.

Or can it.............?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Same as every other series with the gruesome threesome then.

Almost but not quite. The earlier series were comprised of tedious scripted mugging for the camera interspersed with an occasional amusing moment (in my opinion). The latter days were tedious scripted mugging for the camera bereft of any interesting ideas whatsoever.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'll give it a whirl, hopefully the funny moments will be more natural than they used to be;

'Oh no, we've accidentally set fire to another caravan, caused an international incident and said something outrageous about the French, what crazy chaps we are!'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently Evans has been throwing wobblies, can't remember his lines and is not the nice smiley ginger people seem to think he is.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here