Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is this ad not deemed racist ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Shockingly racist IMO , there would be howls of outrage if there was an ad showing an aggressive rudeboy harassing an old white lady.

obv.jpg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It depends how you look at it. I think it's lovely that they've gone to play in the park together.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair to the white guy, the woman is sat side-saddle. How the hell can she get enough traction to push down? She'll fall off. No wonder he's angry. Either play nicely or don't play at all.

If I were him I'd bin her off and go play on the slide by myself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Depressingly, elections now are becoming less about a positive vision and more about getting people to vote one way because of fear of the alternative. This negative image fits that narrative perfectly.

The ad agency would have been paid tens of thousands of pounds for this and they've come up with something 40 years out of date.

Depressingly, elections now are becoming less about a positive vision and more about getting people to vote one way because of fear of the alternative. This negative image fits that narrative perfectly.

The ad agency would have been paid tens of thousands of pounds for this and they've come up with something 40 years out of date.

The ad agency is, of course, Saatchi and Saatchi. They were big on negativity back then, were they not?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think the negative spin that both sides are putting out there (rather than concentrating on the positives), coupled with the fact that the 'worst-case scenarios' are getting more and more extreme, is making people less likely to vote AT ALL, let alone choose which way to vote...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To be fair the white guy was only pointing at a health and safety issue of too many people on the swings

img1622688.jpg

The OP is right though if this was the other way around there would be a predictable response.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I wouldn't say it is racist, much like I wouldn't if it was the other way around.

There will be people of both sides that would claim it was in either connotation.

I think what they are trying to say is that all votes are equal. Its a clever way of doing it. However they have probably determined that two white people would be un PC, then having a person of colour being aggressive at a white person would be un PC so gone for what they have gone for.

EDIT: I have just seen the 'Operation Black Vote' thing. So I guess they have gone for the white person being aggressive deliberately - still don't find it racist though. People of all colours are racist and they are all as equally small minded and idiotic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sam Dingle hasn't got a racist bone in his body. He's probably pointing at an ice cream van.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Just looking at the Sol Campbell one - what the hell is that all about?

Surely us being outside of the EU would have very little impact on the skin colour of British residents? I may be being ignorant but Europe is historically inhabited by caucasians isn't it? I appreciate that many people from french colonies can get French citizenship and therefore have free travel but I would assume that isn't a majority.

We are lucky to have a multicultural society and I don't think that would change whether in the EU or not?

Am I completely missing the point of it or is it really trying to go down that argument? As a side note, I don't like Sol Campbell and don't think he actually does much good in the whole equality battle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here